1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Swollen Pickle + Hartke Bass Attack: which should go first?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Scourge441, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Scourge441

Scourge441

I currently own a Swollen Pickle and a Hartke VXL Bass Attack, and I'm wondering which I should put first in my signal chain.

Right now I'm running a Peavey Mark VI into a Peavey 115BXBW. I'm really not happy with the sound of the amp without the bass running through the Hartke. My intuition is telling me to put the Pickle first (since I usually go bass -> Pickle -> amp anyway, it makes sense to me to put the extra preamp after it), but I'm going to turn to the smarter minds here in the Effects forum before I do so.

What do you think?
  2. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

little redundant, no?
  3. Scourge441

Scourge441

Why? I'm using the Hartke to improve the tone of my amp, not as a distortion/overdrive.
  4. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

I would say depend on how you set your eq, that swollen pickle have too much low end I feel
  5. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

Try both see what sounds best.

That being said I would put the Hartke in front of the Swollen Pickle.