SWR 350X & Goliath Junior 2x10 for 1028$ is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Ammar666, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Ammar666

Ammar666

Hello guys, I got an offer for a well preserved SWR amplifier
    But I have a Trace Elliot GP7 head and a Hartke XL410, so If I decide to buy the SWR I need to sell my current amp.Now I am in a dilemma What if I sell my amp and buy the SWR would I regret it?
    Sorry for my bad english, I from Bosnia. Here is the link of SWR

http://www.pik.ba/artikal/5577967/bas-pojacalo-swr/
  2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

I don't know what prices are like in Tuzla, but here that amp and cab would sell used for about $500 US.
  3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

i don't see how the SWR would be any better than what you already have, and it may not be as good.
  4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Unless you have some terrible scarcity issues when it comes to bass gear, that setup isn't something I'd bother with.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. boxersbrewing

boxersbrewing

Just my 2 cents...Hey there I don't know any thing about the Trace Elliot GP7 however I do run SWR amps and Cabinets...I run an SM-500 through a Goliath JR III 2x10 and 15 and occasionally through 6x10s...I love the SWR tone and would put it up against any thing. Not sure how the market is in Bosnia but you can get bass equipment cheap here in New Mexico. Just an example...SM-500 and the 2x10 Goliath $400.00 even. Don't think you can go wrong with SWR.
  7. Session1969

Session1969 Gold Supporting Member

8. boxersbrewing

boxersbrewing

I must need to look at the Trace Elliot amp?
  9. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Trace Rulz Ok!

Only half joking. Any good working amp is preferable to trading into the unknown for no reason.
  10. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

In the US we are spoiled for choices of great used quality gear at amazing prices. I think in other parts of the planet it's harder to get good gear. It's difficult to judge what may or may nor be a good deal some where else but please remember to treat someone in a different environment with the same respect you'd want if the tables were reversed.
  11. boxersbrewing

boxersbrewing

not sure if that is directed to me or not....but no disrespect was intended. Just another bassist sharing an opinion. I have absolutely no idea what is available or what prices may run in Boznia.
  12. Ammar666

Ammar666

I have a second offer a Eden E210CE bass combo for 821$

What about that combo, I ve tried it and It it sounds awesome
    [​IMG]
  13. baddarryl

baddarryl

Any particular reason you don't like the Trace? I play SWR too, but would love to get my hands on some Trace gear.
  14. chadds

chadds

Except for the large front ported Eden 2x10, 2x10s don't cut it in most settings. Hate for you to sell that Trace and regret it.
  15. Ammar666

Ammar666

I just dont know, I m not getting the right tone from the Trace or Hartke, I have get better sound from the Eden 2x10 combo it sounds like a joke but its true.
  16. chadds

chadds

I believe you. Tone is subjective. Will you need the coverage of more speakers though?
  17. Ammar666

Ammar666

I dont think so
  18. chadds

chadds

I love SWR.