1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SWR Goliath II 4 ohm refitted with Neos

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by devnullid, Nov 14, 2011.

1. devnullid

devnullid

Has anybody tried to replace their SWR speakers with Neos?
    Is this even possible? I replaced a blown 1x10 with an old Epifani in my Goliath III. And it seems just OK. Are the drivers just better currently and a cab replacement would be best? I replaced my Epifani UL2x10 with eminence ceramics and I'm not happy with that. I like the focus and punch of the neos with my MB LMII.

Any input greatly appreciated. Tempted to get a Berg AE02x12.

Thanks in advance,
    Michael
  2. devnullid

devnullid

Ok. I just found this old thread.
    The consensus I saw online was to install Eminence legends BP102-4. The seem to work, but with my little mark 8ohm (800 w) head I have experienced the amp just cutting out and needing to be recycled /por. Is it that I'm pushing too high a load through it. Speakers are 200w at 4ohm. With an 8 ohm head am i killing this thing.

Any suggestions besides selling the cab?

Btw I think I would have chosen more range option with the eminence that was less throaty but had less Xmax.
  3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

If your head has an 8Ω minimum running a 4Ω cabinet will eventually kill it.
  4. spaz21387

spaz21387

I have replaced 2 speakers in my pre fender swr 6x10 with eminence basslites and they sound great with the other remaining pas speakers
  5. devnullid

devnullid

Those replies will help me not kill the cab and be more thoughtful. Thanks for helping me. :)
  6. devnullid

devnullid

I'll give the cab another chance. I dearly miss it. Moved to 2x10 and I'm farting out when playing with loud folks. Need an option.
  7. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

The LM II is 300 watts @8 ohms, 500 watts @ 4 ohms. How did you wire the speakers?
  8. devnullid

devnullid

Thanks. I wired them as they were in the default 4 ohm setting.

Blk neg and wht pos.
  9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

You can replace a couple of speakers like that and maybe not notice but the PAS speakers were the best for those cabs.

If you find a place to buy them let the board.
  10. spaz21387

spaz21387

there's no where to buy replacements. I have been looking but the eminenince basslites are pretty good and close to the pas speakers but lighter.
  11. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Are you happy with the way they sound?

I have a RedHead with some of the last PAS driver. They may be 10 years old but I treat the amp like $1000 bottle of scotch and only use it on special occasions.

I think it's the best amp I have. Sound wise.