1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SWR Goliath III question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by nitrofix, Nov 24, 2013.

1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

2. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

That's not a Goliath III. It appears to be a first generation Goliath. The III version has a bottom slot port.
  3. winston

winston Supporting Member

Yes, the first generation Goliath (I not III) had the rear port. If I recall correctly, the very first ones may have been built by Eden.

Be sure to give everything a once-over...these were released in the late '80s and could have been abused. The amp puts out subsonic lows that the speakers can't handle...I've known folks who blew out their cabs or creased cones with this head.
  4. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Thanks Guys...
  5. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty Supporting Member

Goliath I and II have a rear port. I have a II that I just got for a pittance. Played it this weekend and it was an absolute joy. 2 of them with an SVT. Lovely sound.
  6. Nagrom

Nagrom

I have one of those cabinets. It was made by Eden.