1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

SWR Goliath Sr.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BearCave, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BearCave

BearCave Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Any thoughts on this cab (6x10)?

I played through one 14 years ago, and thought it sounded incredible.

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    IMHO, "THE" best thing SWR came out with was their 610 Sr. bass cabinet, and they had several really good cabinets.....

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Bumping this thread because the information on this cab here on TB is vague and scattered. I keep seeing it described as "loud." I need a louder rig, but will I really hear a noticeable sacrifice in my low end with a Precision through a 700RB-II?

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Check with our friends in the SWR Fan Club. You might get some more responses there. IMHO, I have never played a SWR cabinet other than a Bass Monitor and a Big Ben that I cared for the horns in any of them. Too Brittle for me. Also, the Sr is 1 of the cabinets I have not played through. Just about every other cabinet they had, I have owned. Love the cabinets, hate the horns

6. The Regulator

The Regulator Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2005
    One of the best 610 cabs ever made. Has less bottom end than the Goliath 410 but with its powerful low-mids can be as loud as an 810 volume wise. I got rid of mine because of the weight and I'm starting to regret it.