1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SWR Headlite for Upright Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by soundtim, Nov 20, 2012.

1. soundtim

soundtim

Hello everybody, using the seach I couldn't find any info about this, so here's a new thread.

I'm looking for a mirco bass head usable for electric and upright. As the SWR Headlite has an input impendance above 4Mohm and an parametric bass eq suitable to cut frequencies down to 40Hz I'd like to ask if anyone here tried it for upright. If so: would you recommend it? What are pros and cons?

Thanks a lot!
  2. soundtim

soundtim

...and as I've just read: it even seems to have an 40Hz High-Pass filter! Anyone know whether that's true?

Would be even better :)
  3. soundtim

soundtim

No one tried it? :meh:
  4. ricosego

ricosego

I'm curious too! I'm a doubler looking at both the Benz Shuttle 6.2 and the Headlite. I have a friend who swears by the Headlite for electric, but doesn't play upright or EUB. I generally like the tone of SWR, but have never tried one on upright. And of course it depends on the cabinet it's paired with too.
    Hope someone with experience can chime in!
  5. soundtim

soundtim

Beeing an electric player I'm not that much experienced with the upright but can tell a good amp from a bad one.

And: just ordered a Headlite! As soon as I've checked it I'll tell you what I think about it :)
  6. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
    I've been curious about the Headlite, too. Looking forward to your review.