1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SWR Interstellar Overdrive with Weber mini mass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dluoma, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dluoma

dluoma

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Hard to find SWR IOD. Excellent working order. Freshly retubed and biased with jj's. Awesome overdrive or distortion although I used it to get the sound of an SVT starting to cook. Great natural compression. Comes with foot switch and 12 gauge speaker cable. The last one on ebay went for over $750.
    $725.00 shipped with the Weber mini mass speaker load.

Attached Files:

2. NKBassman

NKBassman Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Did you find adding the Weber mini mass affected the sound?
  3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    140   0   0

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    dammit... i just recently spent the money i had set aside for one of these as I figured it had been so long since one came up I might as well forget it.
  4. dluoma

dluoma

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

The change in sound was subtle but it changed the attack and how the amp responded to your playing dynamics. I ran it on the verge of break up so when I dug in it...hard to describe.. kind of a Tubey spongyness to it. The amp feels more alive and responsive. It definitely feels and sounds like an all tube head. So ya it does in a very cool way.
  5. supadupada

supadupada

0   0   0

I just bought one of these things. I'll have to look at getting the Webber Unit.

Subscribed.
  6. dluoma

dluoma

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I think they are totally worth it. The sent a free t shirt with mine....I'm keeping the shirt.;-)
  7. dluoma

dluoma

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Just to throw it out there...the only trade I'm interested in would be a Swell B-Pro V3 plus cash.
  8. dluoma

dluoma

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Saturday morning bump.
  9. dluoma

dluoma

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

10. dluoma

dluoma

Rating - 100%