1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SWR RU-N2N Chromatic Rack Tuner vs Peterson, Sabine & Korg?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by powmetalbassist, Jan 3, 2012.

1. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

So I have found a SWR RU-N2N Chromatic Rack Tuner online and it's going for about $120. Wondering how this compares to a Korg DTR-1000, Peterson Stroborack or Sabine rack tuners? Having a hard time finding anything more then the manual for the SWR. Also looking for something that has some lights usable for looks as well as tuning quality.
  2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

The Korg & Peterson are both top quality units. I used a DTR-1000 for quite a few years.

Sabine always fell short with their product. I never heard of the SWR unit.

Personally, I'd go for the Korg. If you've got money to burn go for the Peterson.
  3. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

thanks man, much appreciated. ANybody else have experience or their 2 cents?
  4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

Peterson for sure.
  5. Von Felgenhauer

Von Felgenhauer

I loved my swr ru n2n(are you in tune?) Great looks, tracked down to low f#. The new fender rack tuners are pretty much rebaged swr tuners.