1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

SWR SM-500 Very Light Use - $350 OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by slap2much, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

$299 Shipped conUS!

I've used my SM-500 forever, or at least for the past 12 years or so. I got a second one along the way to have as a backup. I have never had any problems with either one so used it very infrequently.

It is in fantastic shape except for chrome plating that's peeled off one of the two handles and a small ding on the right rear corner. The face looks great, all the knobs/sliders/inserts are present and it sounds great. Imo the 'classic' SWR sound and one of the best, most flexible EQs I've ever used. 500 watts. stereo/bi-amp capable, will drive a 2 ohm load.

It says made in Sun Valley on the case so I think this means pre-Fender, from what I've read the sn corresponds to a manufacture date of 2001 or 2002. I'm looking for $350 shipped for this.

Pics up soon. PM with questions etc...not looking for trades but if you have a lightweight class D with a headphone out I'd like to discuss. Thanks.
  2. slap2much

3. slap2much

Thought this was sold, amp is paid and awaiting shipment but I've run into a snag with Paypal and confirming a shipping address...still would like to complete the deal & I will update this thread as necessary.
  4. slap2much

OK, back available. Couldn't verify the address and there were other things that didn't feel quite right so I've refunded payment. Asking $350 and I will pick up shipping to the conUS.

Paypal payment is fine but I'd really like to stick with confirmed shipping addresses. If that's a problem then USPS money order or even a personal check is good & I'll ship after payment clears.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. slap2much

Price drop to $299 shipped, less for a local deal.
  7. basskillah

basskillah RWB Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FRS cabnets
    Someone buy this!! Easily one of the best deals on TB!
  8. slap2much

Hey, thanks basskillah. I thought this would go pretty quickly too but not so...impressive sound level and the ability to handle 2 4-ohm speaker cabinets. I tried a series of 'micro' digital amps hoping to find one that matched up but preferred this even to a Shuttle 9.0 I had for a while. Two of them just seem like overkill for the amount of time I'm putting into playing these days.
  9. slap2much

10. basspedaler

basspedaler

11. paradog

paradog

drooling on keyboard!
  12. slap2much

Just shipped this today, sorry. I still have my 'main' SM500 & am considering a major downsizing so if anyone is interested please PM (note I will likely want a bit more for that one as it's slightly better shape and has an older US made preamp tube) but am closing this thread momentarily...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.