SWR Workingman's 15 Bass combo - Central CT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cchorney, Jul 27, 2013.

1. cchorney

cchorney Supporting Member

Local sale only

Up on CL for $300, TB members price $250

Selling my SWR Workingman's 15. This is a front ported, 15" speaker cab with a 160/200 watt power section. See below for more details. The combo is in pretty good shape - no tears in rat fur, no dents in metal grill, speakers work properly. Has that great SWR sound. Selling it because it was my rehearsal space rig and my new rehearsal space comes with it's own bass rig. So it's now not getting any use.

This amp is 160 watts at 8 ohm, if you add another 8 ohm cab it will pump out 200 watts. I've done several gigs with this rig and years of rehearsals, and it will keep up - without an extension cab - if the band doesn't get silly loud. If you've got an extension cab, it will keep up, period.

I've added spring loaded side handles because at 61lbs, the top strap handle was an awkward lift for me. I also replaced the top strap because the original was looking a bit raggedy.

These amps went into production in 1994 and production stopped under that name in 2006 (replaced immediately by the WorkingPro 15 which is still in production today.) This combo here has a serial number of "0032", which places it VERY early in the production run. Definitely pre Fender buy out.

Lots of useful features, such as tuner out, effects loop, XLR balanced out, separate gain and master volume controls (with a clip light on the pre-amp), tweeter shutoff switch, and headphone jack. There's more, check the manual.

From the manual:
    WORKINGMAN'S 15
    200 watt, 1x15 combo amplifier with tweeter. Perfect for small to medium size gigs. Lightweight!
    Speaker Complement:
    (1) Custom Designed 15" SWR driver
    (1) Custom Designed Piezo tweeter
    Power Output: 160 Watts RMS, 200 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms (with 8 ohm extension speaker)
    Impedance: 8 Ohms (internal)
    Dimensions: 20.75" W x 27.625" H x 16.25" D
    Weight: 61 lbs.

Manual is here: http://support.swramps.com/manuals/pdfs/wm10_12_15_om.PDF

CL ad (with pictures) is here:http://hartford.craigslist.org/msg/3962900917.html

2. cchorney

cchorney Supporting Member

SOLD for $225 to a local guy I occasionally sub for in his church group. Gave a further break on the price because the church is paying for the bass.