SWR WorkingPro 15 Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by GrooverMcTube, Nov 18, 2012.

1. GrooverMcTube

GrooverMcTube

Hey guys, looking to buy my 1st bass amp. Locally some guy is selling a new SWR WorkingPro 115 for $400 (they retail for $700). According to the ad it is brand spankin' new, he won it at a contest but doesn't play bass. So the price point works for me and I'm guessing it isn't too beat up. However, being a noob, I really don't know what kind of 'a sound' I'm looking for, so I'm looking for some input from y'all.

I looking through the TalkBass forums, I see essentially no love for SWR. Are they that bad?

For my criteria, I'm a noob so I don't jam with anyone, much less play out. I'm thinking about taking some lessons, so portability would be nice but it ain't happening here at some 70lbs. Before I spotted this I was thinking along the lines of a GK 115MKII, which at the same power rating and speaker size is small enough to be schlepped around.

Any input? Thanks.

2. vinnie6

vinnie6

I love my workingpro 15. It sounds great with my Geddy jazz bass. It does come with casters. To me 70 lbs equals solidly built and long lasting.

3. deadworld101

deadworld101

I love my workingpro 15 as well. I've had mine for ever and it has never had a problem.

4. YamahaJamBass

YamahaJamBass

+1 I have a Working Pro 110, its a little workhorse for the money.I've played lots of trio gigs with it. I certainly think you are getting alot of amp at 4 bills even.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. PJR

PJR

Another +1 for the WPro 15 ...... It's a solid unit !