1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SX 6 string Jazz... comments... alternatives?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Inconnu, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Inconnu

Inconnu

Hi!

I was wondering how the SX 6 string jazz bass is, if it's possible to get a rather low action with it, how's the tone in general, etc.
    And if there's any other bargain 6 string bass around (bargain meaning in the same price range).
  2. funkytoaster

funkytoaster

Well, it all depends on what you mean by alternatives. There are a lot of other basses out there.

But if you want a passive jazz bass 6 string and you want to spend less than 2k (or $200 for that matter) there is no alternative.

I just received a b stock a few days ago, I intend on doing a video some time. It has totally blown my expectations out of the water. It feels like a serious serious bass. Action is low, frets are not completely without buzz, but it still hasn't been professionally set up.

The red looks really nice in person, there is a bit of a sparkle to it.
  3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Probably the best deal around for a 6 string jazz.

You probably will want to have some work done. I'm planning on installing an Audere preamp at some point. Also thinking about having the neck reshaped, it's a little chunky. But it sounds like a good passive J.
  4. ma4rk

ma4rk

There's a 6 string Spector clone at the local music shop - man... talk about bang for your buck! it's B-stock as well (one tuner slightly mis-aligned) for only $500aud (approx $500 US)!