SX 6 string Jazz... comments... alternatives?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Inconnu, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Inconnu

Inconnu

Hi!

I was wondering how the SX 6 string jazz bass is, if it's possible to get a rather low action with it, how's the tone in general, etc.
    And if there's any other bargain 6 string bass around (bargain meaning in the same price range).
  2. funkytoaster

funkytoaster

Well, it all depends on what you mean by alternatives. There are a lot of other basses out there.

But if you want a passive jazz bass 6 string and you want to spend less than 2k (or $200 for that matter) there is no alternative.

I just received a b stock a few days ago, I intend on doing a video some time. It has totally blown my expectations out of the water. It feels like a serious serious bass. Action is low, frets are not completely without buzz, but it still hasn't been professionally set up.

The red looks really nice in person, there is a bit of a sparkle to it.
  3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Probably the best deal around for a 6 string jazz.

You probably will want to have some work done. I'm planning on installing an Audere preamp at some point. Also thinking about having the neck reshaped, it's a little chunky. But it sounds like a good passive J.
  4. ma4rk

ma4rk

There's a 6 string Spector clone at the local music shop - man... talk about bang for your buck! it's B-stock as well (one tuner slightly mis-aligned) for only $500aud (approx $500 US)!