1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Synapse 4 string vs Synapse 5 string questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davyo, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Davyo

Davyo

I just picked up a brand new black Synapse 5 string a few days ago and was wondering how does the neck width and size compare between the 4 and 5 stringers ?

I've loved my Synapse 4 string bass's that I owned in the past and sold (sellers remorse) but my new 5'er is a bit of an adjustment,, it's not an issue with the bottom low B as I have always set all my bass's up with the BEAD tuning for years,,, the issue is more getting used to what I think might be the wider neck size.

Have any of you Synapse owners ever done a direct comparison between the the necks of the 4 and 5 string Synapse's ?

I'm debating selling the new 5'er or trading it off for a 4 string black Synapse or hanging in there to see if I get used to the size.

Opinions welcome.

Cheers
    Davyo

On a side note: I do have an ad for a 4 string Synapse wanted on the bass wanted section of this forum but not much luck with that post yet.