SYNTH sounds: Deep impact vs. SWR Mini Mo vs. boss gt6b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassCanadabass, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bassCanadabass

bassCanadabass

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a bass synth unit, and I have an opportunity to buy a Deep Impact, SWR Mini Mo, or Boss GT6B. How do these compare? (at least the synth features?).

Thank you!
  2. bassCanadabass

bassCanadabass

Just read about the Korg G5, add that to the list!
  3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Never heard of the Mini Mo before. It looks really fun.
  4. gleneg61

gleneg61

I've got a G5, had it for 10 yrs w/out any issues, tracking n sounds are great n I would put it up against any other synth pedal to date. Won't be selling this bad boy until I'm ungiggable. Very hard to find tho but much cheaper than the Akai n just as good IME. Good luck on your quest for the coolest cheese in bassdom!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bludog

bludog Supporting Member

I have an Akai Deep Impact SB1 and I absolutely love it. It's the best synth pedal I've used to date. The tone is excelllent and the tracking is really good... I would say great, but it has trouble with quick 16th note stuff. You can do it but you need to have really clean right and left hand technique. I found most synths to be about the same though, if not worse. That said, I have never tried the G5 or the SWR.

FWIW, if I see another SB1 for a decent deal (relative to market) I'd pick it up just to ensure I had a backup. It seems to me that market price is about $650 to $800 these days, depending on the marketplace and your timing.

Good luck in your quest...
  7. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

I have BOss SYB-5 with an Expression pedal, that does some sounds very well, i recently got my hands on a Copilot CUbic and MAN is that thing every punchy!

http://www.copilotfx.com/cubic.html