1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

T-40 Owners: Anyone Else Got This?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by primussucks9126, Nov 14, 2012.

1. primussucks9126

primussucks9126

I bought a T-40 from a TBer a while ago, and I noticed something I hadn't read about before.

With the bridge pickup soloed, the phase switch affects the tone. I didn't pay much mind to this, but today it finally hit me.

The phase switch acts as a coil selector for the bridge pickup when it's soloed.

Is this common knowledge and I'm completely oblivious to it in all the posts I've read about these, or is it possible that mine has been modded?

Thanks!

Edit:

Does anyone know of a workout routine or exercises to help with handling heavy basses?

This is a serious question!

I'm 5'6" and weigh around 120. M T-40 weighs more than 10% as much as I do! It's a bit of a challenge to keep it on for long gigs.
  2. cdef

cdef

You're quite right. This is how Chip Todd himself put it on the T-40 Appreciation forum:

3. primussucks9126

primussucks9126

Awesome! I think it's a pretty significant difference. I did a ton of reading and years of telling myself to get one, but somehow I missed this detail.

Thanks!