1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

T.C. Electronic TC 1220 Parametric Equalizer - Vintage!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Kevin Woods, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Kevin Woods

Kevin Woods Supporting Member

For Sale: The very highly regarded 80's vintage TC 1220 Parametric Equalizer/Feedback Suppressor. I bought it about a year ago, basically as an experiment, but my basses sound pretty good with minimal equalization so I am going to move this along.

I wouldn't be able to give you chapter and verse how this compares with other parametrics, but:

1) It functions very smoothly and feels very solid.

2) The Gain knobs add a hefty boost if you want it.

3) The Bypass switches are spring loaded, so when you engage the bypass the l.e.d lights up and the switch springs back into place.

4) There are two channels, each with two bands of fully parametric control. You can jumper the first channel to the second and get four bands if you want.

5) The two bands on each channel are 20Hz-200Hz, and 200Hz-20KHz.

Michael Hedges used to have four of these in his live rig to tame his acoustic feedback. R.I.P. Michael.

From the back panel it appears there is a bypass footswitch you could rig up, but I never had it.

You can tell from the pic that a little of the lettering on the word "equalizer" is scraped off, but it doesn't look horrible or anything. One thing about the box itself that I like is that the material is smooth matte, not rough matte. It feels nice and silky, not chalky. On the whole it looks fine and functions just as it should.

I will try to take better pictures soon.

Comes with power cord.

$250 Shipped CONUS. Paypal is fine.

[​IMG]
  2. Kevin Woods

Danish blonde babes soldered every connection. For realz.
  3. Kevin Woods

This is going over like a lead balloon.
  4. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Nice. This is one of those things I'd do not need but want. Probably good my supply of glue is running low.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kevin Woods