T-Rex Bass Juice Users...Do you leave it on all the time?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Feb 14, 2014.

1. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Hey Guys,
    I'm thinking about picking one of these up. Especially since they've dropped the price on them! Does it play nice? Can it play nice? Do you owners leave it on all the time as an OD or do you use it more as a special effect?
    Thanks in advance,
    Brent
  2. sunfighter

sunfighter

Im actually getting rid of mine. I really liked this at first, but its too squishy sounding, I dont like the kind of clipping it has. Personally I dont really like the boost feature either. When I was digging it I left it on for alot of our tunes. Its a quality pedal and I think it will work for a lot of people. Im looking at replacing it with a solid gold fx beta pedal.
  3. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

I would like to offer an other opinion. It is actually one of my favorite dirt pedals.
    It's capable of light overdrive to hot distortion bordering on fuzz. The blend works really well and is well designed. It goes from completely clean to 100% distortion.
    So between the gain control and the blend you can really dial in a hair of dirt or lots of distortion. The tone control works well too and has a lot of range.

The boost only works in conjunction with the distortion channel, it's not independent as on the Homebrew Hematoma for example.

The quality of distortion/clipping is rather unique to this pedal so you have to like it. It's not another bass-tuned tube screamer.
    A highly recommended pedal.
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I love the Bass Juice, but use it only for dirt. Been through a good number of distortin, overdrive pedals, but Juice is a keeper.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Sollid

Sollid

You should consider the Mudhoney II if you are looking for a versatile pedal that can both add dirt and be used for heavier distortion. When i bought the mudhoney i was originally considering the bass juice, but when i tried both of them in the store i found the mudhoney better for adding dirt to my tone. I found the boost function on the bass juice pretty useless as it just turned my entire bass tone into farting, for me the two independent channels on the mudhoney were superior.

Even though the mudhoney is a guitarpedal it does not drain any of your lowend. Ive been using it happily now for a couple of months and i would buy a new one if someone stole it or it broke down.

In the end its up to you, though i recomend trying both the Bass Juice and the Mudhoney at the store.
  7. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Thank you fellas for the insight!
    Take Care,
    Brent