T-Rex Quint Machine Micro Pog with 5th up

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by willbassyeah, Mar 28, 2014.

1. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

just saw this, http://www.t-rex-effects.com/quint-machine/

i was thinking of buying EQD Pitchbay, seemed to be another contender in the Micro Pog type of pedal!! excited for this pedal now

not much demo available online other than this two:

2. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

I actually really like the way that sounds.... hmmmm. Never liked the micro pog tone, hopefully someone does an extensive demo on bass.

3. Uncle Moe

Uncle Moe

Man that Quint look like what I need to Emulate a second guitarist in a trio when the guitarist goes into a lead.... Using a Micro POG now.... I started a thread called Micro POG setup....

4. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Hmm... Seemed like we have more choice now, waiting for someone to do the bass demo for the bass whammy... Kinda spoilt for choice now!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Just posted in another short thread about this pedal before seeing this one, but this one speaks to the other main pedal I've considered for an octaver, the Micro POG. I've played through the Micro POG and a bit through the MXR and Aguilar octavers -- the analog pedals sound good and fat, but you're restricted to the octave down and tracking can get iffy (EBS octave sounds good, too, but I've only heard demos online). The Micro POG gives you an octave up and will track chords -- big bonuses for me -- but it has that well-documented artificial, slightly shrill tone up top and isn't as fat an octave down as the analog pedals.

The Micro POG seems to track pretty well in terms of getting the notes right all over the neck, but that little bit of delay, though less than on other pedals, still bothers me. Ideally, I'd like a polyphonic pedal that produces the octave up and down as naturally as possible with (of course) zero delay. The Microp POG gets closer on the last count than any other pedals I've tried. If the Quint Machine can equal or better that with a more natural tone (synthy effects I can add later if I want)... well, I'd be seriously tempted. The 5th would be an interesting bonus.

I've read of other solutions (Eventide Pitchfactor, etc.) but those are too rich for my blood. Accurate, fast tracking, polyphony, octave up/down, natural tone -- anything else, for me, is gravy!

7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I have one on the way, should be here early next week.
    I'll try to make a quick demo of tracking and sound character.

8. aledeville

aledeville

finally a top mounted tuner! power jack on the side, but that's less a problem than the signal jacks.
    very excited about the quint machine. i'd love to hear a bass review...

9. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

Cool. Looking forward to it. Meanwhile, I checked out some demos of the Digitech Bass Whammy -- never thought I'd be interested in one of those, but the tracking sounds like it's really good -- better than the POG? Not sure -- would have to A/B.