1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

TAB POST - Arkells - Oh, the Boss is Coming!

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Jan 9, 2013.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

It has been a while since I have posted any new tabs here so I figured I would make one for this song. The one I saw online is close but not quite and i figured since I learned the song for our cover set I might as well help some others out. I don't know if these guys are famous or Canadian famous but if you hadn't heard of them this track is worth listening to for those into blues rock. As usual if anybody who uses this could spread it to any tab sites they might use I would appreciate it, I upload to ultimate-guitar and talkbass only. Just please credit me where due.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OH, THE BOSS IS COMING! - Arkells
    From the album - Jackson Square
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The timing and structure are not 100% accurate, this is an outline, you need
    to listen to where the parts go and proper timing. Some parts have more notes
    that notated, listen for 1/8's notes and such.

The previous tab on here was pretty close but I thought it could be improved.
    Here is my take on it, I hope it helps.

The song is pretty straight forward. You use the alternate verse part for the
    first 1/2. You should be able to hear where he changes. The always hit on the
    same note, so listen for it. He uses a different ending with the main riff
    after the first chorus, listen for the change. I notated the main riff before
    it just so you can see it a little more clearly. The song closes on an E but
    I think it is just guitar and drums on the last hit.

Tuning: Standard

Main riff/verse (2nd) -Intro ending only -The hit

G|--------------------------------|-----------7-9---------|------------------|
    D|--------7-9-----------------:-x-|-------7-9-----9-8-7-5-|------------------|
    A|----------------------------:-3-|-----------------------|------------------|
    E|--7---7------10--7-5--0-5-6-----|--7--7-----------------|--7-\-------------|

Alternate verse (1st half) -"Oh,oh,oh"

G|----------------------------|-----------------------|----------------------|
    D|-------------------------:-x|--7-9--7-9--7-9-----:-x|-7-9--7-9--7-9--------|
    A|----9-7------------------:-3|--------------------:-3|----------------7-7-7-|
    E|-7-------10--7--5--0-5-6----|-----------------7/----|----------------------|

Chorus

G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|-------------------4-5-4-2----------5-2---2--------------------------------|
    A|-2-2-2-2---5-5-5-5----------------------5----2-2-5-2-5------------CONT'D---|
    E|---------------------------3-3-3-3----------------------0-0-0-0------------|

G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|-------------------4-5-4-2----------5-2------------------------------------|
    A|-2-2-2-2---5-5-5-5----------------------5-2--------------------------------|
    E|---------------------------3-3-3-3-----------0-----------------------------|

After 1st chorus

G|-------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|
    D|------7-9------------------:-x-|------7-9----------------------------------|
    A|---------------------------:-3-|-------------------------------------------|
    E|-7--7------10--7--5--0-5-6-----|-7--7------10--7--0-0-0-0------------------|

Bridge

G|----4----------4-----------------------------------------------------------|
    D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    A|-2------2---2--------------0--2---5--/7------------------------------------|
    E|------------------0--2--3----------------3---0-0--2-2--3-3--5-5------------|