Tablature creation services?

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by doctorpan, Nov 3, 2012.

1. doctorpan

doctorpan

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you know of a professional tablature creation service, i.e. people who will create tabs for pay.

My challenge is that I really want to learn some songs that aren't available on tab because the band has no popularity. I've had some success getting the general idea, but there are strange timings, multiple variations on the main riffs (no main riffs, really) and very challenging chord choices. Because the bass is so low down in the mix, it's hard for me to get any accuracy, and it's all very fast. I also have a challenge distinguishing the notes in C# tuning. I'm tone deaf enough as is and although I've worked hard to overcome it, there seems to be a threshold that I can hear correctly ... perhaps due to damage from a punctured ear drum I had as a kid.

Anyhow, I'm talking about 5 songs. Ideally, these would be created using Powertab, but handmade tabs would be fine as well. I'd also love if the person could identify the scales used in the solos and in general provide as much information about the technical dimensions of the music as possible.

This is kind of a one time thing for me, but it would help out a lot if any of you know of a service provider like this ... somehow I don't think Elance is going to help in this department. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/hmmm.gif

Thanks in advance for your responses.
  2. eloann

eloann Supporting Member

Well, I'm not aware of such a "sevice" and it would probably be quite expensive for a single person to pay (accurate transcription of difficult songs can take many hours). Some guys definately do that stuff for (part of) a living though so if the pay is good enough someone will do it. You could try asking guitar/bass magazines who they hire.
  3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media:
  4. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad