Tablet computers for reading chord changes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gjbl, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Gjbl

Gjbl

I'm looking for something I can put on a music stand, torrent with, see with not the best eyes even at a concert outside in the sun. Mainly for real book stuff but written out classical music as well.. I'd like to not spend more then 200ish prefer no less then 160$ If the thing has an abysmal os I could probably put win and or unbuntu and or android. Dose anything near this price range have a decent dac?

Anyone wanna sell one to me?

Thank you for your time u guys are the best I've really enjoyed taking this forum for granted should have years ago
  2. Emibass

Emibass

Media:
    Albums:
  3. patrikroney83

patrikroney83 Banned

4. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen Supporting Member

Media:
    I have a first generation iPad with iReal Pro on it. You could probably pick one up used for rather cheap on eBay. Works perfect for me and iReal Pro is the best app ever for this purpose.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pklima

pklima

First-gen ipad here too. The only two apps I have on it are OnSong and a tuner. That and a web browser to look stuff up on the fly are all I need. It doesn't have great sound but I sometimes set it on the piano, pull up some songs I need to transcribe on Youtube, and get to work.
  7. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Is onsong a good app for stage musical pit band stuff? Some of the bass parts are PDF files 100+ pages long, and sometimes you need to flip pages REALLY fast. Also, can you easily scribble rehearsal notes on the sheet and save them?
  8. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Supporting Member

Second Generation iPad with Deepdish Gigbook (a $5 app). Also have all the songs in MP3 form on it, Gigbook links to those so you can play one in 2-3 seconds. Occasionally helpful in rehearsal. Most of my bandmates use this combo as well.

Guitarflinger
  9. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Supporting Member

10. pklima

pklima

Onsong for musicals, not really. Onsong is good for 1-3 page songs that might be put into various setlists in various orders. Great at flipping pages but as far as I know no scribbling support. For a musical where all the music always happens in the same order you could probably make it work but there are probably more appropriate apps for that.
  11. flatfender

flatfender Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit Supporting Member

If you just need chords and lyrics, I'm just starting to use Songbook Chordpro on an iPad one. It's been great for live gigs so far and you can generate your own setlists. Doesn't do sheet music though

There are demos on youtube to show how it works.