Take that NASA!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jan 24, 2014.

1. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/20...-man-on-the-sun-confirms-central-news-agency/

(ok, ok, a satirical website, but I thought it was worth sharing)
  2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

A man landing a spacecraft on a ball of burning hydrogen is pretty good, but this is my favorite part:

".....left for the sun on a specially designed rocket ship at approximately 3am this morning......The specially trained astronaut is expected to return back to earth at 9pm tonight......."
  3. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

[​IMG]
  4. pfox14

pfox14

I would have expected this article to be from some tabloid like The Weekly World News. Since it's not, I guess it must be true.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

It's no less than we deserve for eating all our birds and drinking coffee made from snow.
  7. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

You did see the comment I left at the bottom of the original post, right?
  8. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

I like the part, "It is understood that the 17-year-old ‘space explorer’ traveled at night to avoid being engulfed by the suns rays, and that this genius approach has brought the soviet state to the top of the global space rankings."

LOL!
  9. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Albums:
    Very nice. Reminds me of The Onion. Good stuff.
  10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Take that NASA!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did someone get the space elevator up and running?
  11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

If I used signatures, I would make this mine.
  12. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    You do. Yours says:
    "Bassist/Vocalist for Sapient Sun
    Next Show: TBA

Bassist Club: Veg#33 Buddhist#11 LGBT#5"

This is my favorite part also:
    "It is understood that the 17-year-old ‘space explorer’ traveled at night to avoid being engulfed by the suns rays, and that this genius approach has brought the soviet state to the top of the global space rankings. "
  13. bassinplace

bassinplace

It should have ended with something like, "Satellite images have shown that Mr. Hung was surrounded by a race of "fire people" upon landing and was instantly destroyed by them. In commemoration, Korea has announced it will make this day a national holiday, calling it "Crispydumbass Day" in his honor.
  14. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

I know Kim Jong Whatever (Il?) is bats**t crazy and its easy to laugh at his clueless view of the world and his seemingly weekly family and friends executions. But let's not forget all of the people who live under that twisted and cruel tyrant's rule. He doesn't intend to take a trip to the Clue Store any time soon and that makes him very dangerous, IMO. Those type of people are very good at setting off a chain reaction of events that end up in very bad scenarios. He's like a rabid dog being watched by a bunch of people with guns but none of them have the stones to shoot because the Chinese are around with a gun too.
    It's one of those no win deals that politicians like to create by splitting the baby.
  15. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

The Chinese are rapidly getting sick of his nonsense as well, so was claimed not that long ago.

I see one of two things happening.

1 - Kim Jong Un gets fed up twiddling his chubby fingers and actually decides to try and invade South Korea - kicking off a war.

2 - Kim Jong Un sits around twiddling his chubby fingers and the North Korean people kick off.

I dare say it could always stay as it is, perpetually. But KJU seems to be more likely to be stupid enough to do something than his father.
  16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

It will all change when the status quo of the region no longer favors China. Once that happens, there will be a "coup from inside",*wink wink* and a more China-friendly leader will be propped up. There will not be a one-Korea model any time soon. The different Koreas are way too entrenched in opposing global politics to reconcile without a major, major regional upheaval which no one wants.
  17. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I agree that I don't see there being a "unified Korea" anytime soon, if ever.

I don't think KJU is as favoured in China as KJI was, he's even more volatile, harder to puppet.

Though the powers that be (in the North) seem to think they should own the South it seems, on saying that, this did pop up earlier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25873269
  18. chicago_mike

chicago_mike Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    The Korea war is still ongoing. It's just a cease fire.
  19. chicago_mike

chicago_mike Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    I'm surprised they didn't say Dennis Rodman was the co-astronuat...uh..cosmonaut.
  20. KeddyLee

KeddyLee

21. Immigrant

Immigrant

So now my fantasies of firing someone into the sun are more plausible.

:hyper: