Taking Skype Lessons Setup

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by slapfunk987, Sep 29, 2013.

1. slapfunk987

slapfunk987

I want to take Skype lessons with Ant Wellington but I live in a apartment, so using a regular amp and playing that while just using the mic on my laptop is not going to work.

Wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I can play into the computer and still be able to talk to the instructor??

Saw some mixers (Behringer 502 and 802) that may make this easier. Just need to know how to hook it up and get the right setup before I buy one..

PS. Its a HP Laptop, not an Apple, if that matters at all....
  2. funkybass

funkybass

Had this same question myself. Was looking at the 802 myself. I'm basically looking to hook my bass, headphones, and amp to the PC. Anyone know if the 802 would work for that?
  3. MisterFabulous

MisterFabulous

4. AJ Brown

AJ Brown

You should really try your amp at low volume first. I take Skype lessons with Seth Horan and he hears me just fine with a Roland Micro Cube and my computer's mic.

I should add that the secret is to use your bridge pickup (assuming you have one), roll off the bass a little and boost mids until Mr. Wellington tells you he can hear you.
  5. Register to disable this ad