1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

TalkBass OFFICIAL English Football thread 2012-13: second half

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassyBill, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

2. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

'Bout time Bill :)

Anyway, RVP could be the Cantona-esque player Ferguson has been after since...well, Cantona. Absolute class.

Hey Pat, if you concede another, you could always go and argue with the Internet experts in the cop-bashing thread :)

Kelsey Grammer is rumoured to be turning up in Carlisle today to see his brother in law turn out for Ebbsfleet in the first round of the FA Cup. Apparently he's over in the UK for a family funeral in Hartlepool. Weird. But I loves me some Frasier.

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Was coming to mention how much he's been like Cantona for us. EDIT: Or more accurately, becoming.

That would be awesome, agreed on the Frasier.

Happy we're ahead, disappointed we've not been making the most of our chances, especially that penalty(which was in fairness, quite soft).

Was delighted to hear the Arsenal fans cheering RVP, but of course once the game started the "she said no" was aired, and United equally as appalling with their Wenger chant. :rollno:

4. EdHunter

EdHunter

This was a particularly anonymous Arsenal performance, I must say. Just waiting for this weeks's big game now, my Dad's beloved Bournemouth vs. my beloved Shrewsbury on Tuesday. Hope it's on TV...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Darkstrike

Mike Dean has seemed to confuse yellow cards and Christmas cards.

Of course we couldn't have a clean sheet, but it was a lovely goal by Carzola.

Another red for our opponents too, probably overshadow the fact it was our most comfortable win all season.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Just dreadful. That was the most lopsided 2-1 I've ever seen.

8. Darkstrike

Quality interview from RVP and Rooney.

9. MartinG1957

MartinG1957 You can never have too many bones.... Supporting Member

Poor Arsenal poor.

Welcome back Big Mick off to a winning start good on you Sir, good to have him back in the game.

10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Dammit. Another draw after completely bossing the game. You know, only one of our five draws I'd consider worthy of the point...the other four we should have won. Those extra 8 points would see us up there on 25. Oh well, I just hope it's not too costly come May.

Wolves lose, Ipswich win. Thoughts Bill?

11. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Bah! Wolves blah blah blah moan moan et cetera ad nauseam ad infinitum. :spit:

Pleased for Mick though.

12. Darkstrike

I'm enjoying my football today, so I ham, a whole slew of lovely draws.

13. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Meh. Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor instead of MOTD tonight.

14. Darkstrike

:D

I could tune Talksport in, listen to City fans complaining about how quick the whistle was blown after added time, but I think some NCAA will suit better.

15. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

The bass player in the Strictly house band has some killer chops.

Sorry for the temporary bass chat in our football thread :)

16. Darkstrike

Just done a Google, saw this pic on their site, that's one gorgeous looking Overwater.

[​IMG]

Seems to have a 5er P too, which I believe is also an Overwater but it's hard to tell in that pic.

[​IMG]

17. EdHunter

EdHunter

Anyone gonna be watching the Liverpool vs. Newcastle match? It's another big game in family - my little brother's a Liverpool fan. So we'd better win or I won't hear the end of it...

18. Darkstrike

Oh yeah, hopefully Newcastle can do business.

19. Keano

Keano

How typical of Spurs was that? I'm not even that surprised. Ffs, if we lose Dembele AND Sandro long term, we can forget top 4 this year especially considering the upcoming fixtures.

Looking at United, Rafael's been quietly stringing couple of good games in support on the right hand side.

20. Darkstrike

I knew ya'll would loose scoreless the moment I put Bale on my fantasy team.

Rafael has been great, surprisingly underrated player, but he's been racking up assists, a goal or two, working great defensively, even covering CB ground(somehow) when Carrick was playing there and got caught out of position.

21. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Trivia question. RVP scoring against Arsenal yesterday makes him only the second Prem player ever to score against all other 19 teams.

The other player?

Clue....he's an ex-Blue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.