1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TANK tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by NWOBHM_Kid, Oct 31, 2012.

1. NWOBHM_Kid

NWOBHM_Kid

Hey all, if you haven't guessed from my user name, i am mad on the 1980's NWOBHM and one band in particular... the band known as Tank, fronted by bass player and singer Algy Ward. I'm currently trying to start up a new heavy metal band, taking influences from bands such as Tank. I've got a few of my own bits of material i'm working on, but in the meantime covers are the order of the day!

This is where i need all your brilliant bassist brains. I'm wanting to do a few Tank covers, but tabs only exist for one of their songs, don't walk away. can anyone help me find or create some more? there is a song called 'turn your head around' which sounds easy enough to get the bass line from, and a video also helps to see which chords they're playing. Heres the video:

can anyone help? with this song or any others by Tank? it would be greatly hugely appreciated!
  2. obimark

obimark

The camera shows what he is playing on bass pretty well, If he isn't detuned, looks like the verse is in G, and briefly goes to open E. Watch his hands, youd' be surprised how much you can pick up.
  3. NWOBHM_Kid

NWOBHM_Kid

looks like he plays G, then E, then F#? then repeat with a F# then G at the end? am i right in thinking that?
  4. obimark

obimark

Yep- give it a try- watch it then try- then repeat. Thats how I;ve worked out many songs. Also this songs would work better with a pick as he plays it.
  5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Supporting Member

Wow. I haven't heard anyone mention Tank in years.

I used to love cranking up "The War Drags Ever On"

Think I'm going to find it on YT right now. Thanks for reminding me about this...
  6. NWOBHM_Kid

NWOBHM_Kid

such a seriously great and very underrated band! love that song, all 8 minutes of it. the honor and blood album is brilliant, worth its weight in gold in my record collection!

The War Drags Ever On is one of my favorite songs ever. again id love to find tabs to play along, but it is a long winded song
  7. Rockdrigo06660

Rockdrigo06660

hi men im a big fan of tank too, I play the guitar and I been working in some tank's songs, give me your e-mail or mail me at mario_06660@hotmail.com to talk. cheers from chile