Tap Tempo as an Expression Pedal Input for M9?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HaVIC5, May 28, 2012.

1. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Not sure exactly what you mean, but my initial thought- a momentary switch will NOT act like an expression pedal, or work as one.

3. HaVIC5

HaVIC5

Yeah, that's what I'd like it to do. Essentially, I'd want a switch to engage 100% toe down (and set the parameters on my patches accordingly) and otherwise be 100% heel down.

But alas, apparently that won't work.

4. alec

alec

I don't know if it works the other way but I have an expression pedal jack on a tremolo pedal where the heel down acts as a tap tempo.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. amfmsb

amfmsb

I don't think those tap tempo boxes will work, but you can make one that will work- I posted this in the M9 tricks thread a while back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a momentary expression switch for my M9. It acts like using an expression pedal that is full toe down while you are are stepping on it, and heel down while you are not touching it.

So far- I've set it to engage the mix of a choppy tremolo to 100% while depressed, dry while not. Pretty cool for quick stutters. It's also a lot more accessible location wise, than the back row of my board, where the M9 lives.

Update: I have used a lot of different effect settings with this since I've gotten it. Another really cool one is the turntable effects I get with different delay times at each expression setting- pretty cool for doing quick stabs of sound effects.

Quick, non gliding pitch shifting is fun as well.

One more- cranked delay feedback- i guess that's a gimme though.

7. martskre

martskre

Nope... I bought a Mini Tap Tempo pedal from loop-master.com thinking I could use it through the expression input on my M9. Unfortunately when I press it, it only sets the heel-toe points, but doesn't change the actual value of the parameter.

Maybe I could mod my new tap tempo pedal, but I don't know anything about electronics, so I'd really love a guide or some pointers on how to get a result like amfmsb's pedal above. :)

8. PaulieSantino

PaulieSantino

This would be an awesome update from Line6 for the future!