1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

tapping over multiple strings

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by jasonmasters, Mar 27, 2014.

1. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

Hey guys,

I made this video quite a while ago but haven't seen much here in the ways of tapping lately so I thought some of you may enjoy this. Also let me know if there are any follow up videos you think I should make in relation to this

2. spz8

spz8

That was cool, thanks for sharing!

3. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

Thanks! was there anything I should clarify more in another video?

4. spz8

spz8

Hey, I'm open to learning any new styles or techniques people are willing to share.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lasdisc

lasdisc

Cool video except it would have been better to slow it way down and call out notes instead of fret markers. It was extremely hard to follow and hoped it would have been geared to beginning tappers . Just my opinion'

7. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

8. Jason Wilson

Jason Wilson

I actually think the first video is more melodic.
    The guy in the one you mentioned, is a great player for that style of music, no doubt. But the tapping doesn't sound more melodic to me. Nice bass tho :p

9. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

I absolutely love that band. The thing is, the tapping hes doing is more on a single string at a time and just follows the scale hes in. The tapping im doing follows any major/ minor chords which i think many people will find usefull. I will post a video of my usong this tapping in a song context so you can get a better idea of its use in a less speedy situation

10. jasonmasters

jasonmasters

the audio is a tiny bit off on this video but this song uses the exact shapes from the first video as well as some expanded chords for the 7 string bass :)