Tascam CD-BT2 CD Bass Trainer

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Lavrans, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Lavrans

Lavrans Supporting Member

I recently stumbled across this on amazon, and bought myself a Christmas present. It's basically a CD player, with bass input and headphone jacks. I've got Play-along CDs and tab books for Hendrix, Led Zep and the Who. So far, so good. I'm able to get the levels and mix just right, and navigation is easy. I can also slow the tempo without changing pitch, or vice-versa. It enables me to practice at home without annoying the wife, and sharpen up my skills considerably. Good price, too. Waddayall think?

Attached Files:

2. Blake Bass

Blake Bass

I used to have the cassette version back in the 90's ..I used it a lot. Now I use Transcribe on my IMac to do the same thing.

3. mbeall

mbeall

This is one of my favorite tools. The ease and accuracy of the loop function is worth the price alone just in the time it saves. When I'm learning a tune or solo the less time I have to spend screwing around with gear the better, and this is the best I've used thus far.

Cheers,

Mike

4. tbone0813

tbone0813 Supporting Member

I heard there is an option on this to remove the bass line. Have you tried that yet? I am trying to decide between this and the GB-10 but the GB-10 does not remove the bass line.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MarkMgibson

MarkMgibson

I had one of the tape versions too - they were very groovy in those days.

7. nortonrider

nortonrider

Yes, You can boost the bass to hear it better or cut it out.

I have one (CD Version) and use it all of the time.
    Right now I have my lap top plugged into it via the line in jack.
    I was playing along with a Joe Bonamass concert that somebody posted on youtube.