Tatoos on Women?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

I guess I am just showing my age, but I think tattoos on women look terrible. I guess the picture of Rhianna on the new GQ got me thinking about this since she has a new winged tattoo over ribcage.

My attitude is that nothing looks better than a woman's body. It needs no decoration, especially ink.
  2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Banned

It's a case by case thing for me.
  3. Richland123

Richland123

I'm with you on this.
  4. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Let me guess, you dont have a single tattoo and you are middle aged.........
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I dont mind tattoos on women, I think they can be hot sometimes.
    I dont particularly care for women covered in ink though. I do like to see some flesh.
  7. elgecko

elgecko

Tattoos on chicks are a bit sleazy...and I like that!
  8. Dr. Cheese

True. I know the last thing young women are worried about is if an old, fat, history professor thinks they look hot, but I think way too much ink is being slung around with too little thought.
  9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Yep, this. Some women can pull it off, some can't. There are a lot of variables. Then there's the quality of that tat itself and the artistry behind it. I've seen some really pretty girls with bad tats and it's almost a shame, then I've seen some tats that look absolutely great.
  10. Marial

Marial Proud Papa Supporting Member

Same here, but I do NOT find tattooed breasts attractive at all.
  11. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Casting out the nines Supporting Member

Yep.

I'm pretty ambivalent about tatoos in general and while I don't have any myself, I've considered getting one a few times.

And I think it really depends on the tatoo(s) and the woman. Which is good, since my wife has two.
  12. Dr. Cheese

I say a pretty woman should be conservative with her tattoos if she gets any because if she has a nice body, she is already ahead in the game. One should think twice or thrice before literally defacing a great asset.
  13. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Why do you care so much about what other people do to there own bodies.......
  14. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

How do you know there is too little thought involved? I have 2 tattoos, and I thought about them both for a long time. Most people I know have several tattoos, and from all I can gather, they put a lot of thought into them too. That's not to say they'll never regret it, of course, but they do think about it.

Also...one man's graffiti is another man's fine art.
  15. Dr. Cheese

All I have done is express an opinion about what I find attractive. To me, that's no biggie.
  16. skychief

skychief Gold Supporting Member

Long time ago I had a girlfriend who had her eyebrows tatoo'ed. :eek: Freaked me out at first, but then they grew on me. Figuratively speaking, of course.
  17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I agree that anyone should think long ang hard before getting a tattoo, though I think what you see as defacing a great asset, some more alternative minded people might see as enhancing that asset.
  18. aborgman

aborgman Supporting Member

So you're anti tattoo, earrings, make-up, high heel shoes, shaving of body hair, etc, etc.?

Or just tattoos?
  19. Dr. Cheese

I don't know how much anyone is thinking, do you have a point. I will just say that I see a lot of horrible looking tattoos on women lately.
  20. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Interesting question...
    To take a stab at answering from my own perspective - personally, I usually could care less, but then there are those times when I see an otherwise gorgeous gal with a really really bad tattoo or other body mod. Just as is her right to express herself with that body mod, I feel that it's also within my right to dislike it, no? I may respect one's interest body mods, but there's no compelling reason for me to have to accept or even like it. It is just what it is.
  21. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Yeah specially when it's a skull with a snake coming out one eye orbit... :rollno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.