TB gets up an Ubisofter's nose :)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Steamtronic, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Steamtronic

Steamtronic

Media:
    I googled TB recently and happened across a link to Ubisoft forums, where one of their members appears to have gotten his nose out of joint after being dissed by some TB folk. If you read his posts it becomes clear why this might have occurred. He manages to invoke Godwins law by page 3 of the thread claiming his banning from TB for not following rules was equivalent to approving the Holocaust. A grand display of the finest handcrafted ignorance indeed.

He tries in vain to rile up the board by claiming we say nasty things about guitarists, calling them "guitards" and such. Shocking stuff. To their credit, the Ubisofter's spotted this guy for the rooster strangler that he is and have told him to pull his head in. In general they seem to have a lot of respect for this little corner of the interweb.

The discussion started back in July but recieved a post in the last week. If you care to look (or maybe even thank the Ubi's for their kind words) you can find it Here - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/704513-Anyone-a-member-of-Talkbass-Forums

2. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Supporting Member

3. rodl2005

rodl2005

4. dreads311

dreads311

Glad he got banned. Seriously folks, if you run across a troll or just plain nasty person on TB (and there are some), just ignore their dumb arse. Screw their "look how cool I am" moment in the sun. This forum is too valuable a resource to put up with and pander to yahoos. Lets keep our heads in the game, folks!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

To be completely fair, the TB Dog Pile (as I like to call it) does happen from time to time. Sometimes the person being piled on somewhat deserves what they get for obviously lying/trolling/disrupting the community, but sometimes it seems to happen only because the person in question happened to land on the wrong side of an argument. Regardless, they often last much longer than I ever care to see them last. I try to report those threads and ask for them to be closed because (almost) no one ever deserves to be piled on in that manner. That kind of stuff can be handled in private by a mod or admin.

7. dreads311

dreads311

I agree with you completely. I feel that reacting to a troll is just adding fuel to their fire and they should just be ignored. If its someone who legit doesn't understand a concept or idea, send them a link to another site or recommend some literature.

8. kcole4001

kcole4001

There are some members who get piled on quite often, and usually by the same people.
    Obviously there's some history between them I'm not aware of, but it really doesn't come off as something you'd want to put up on a public forum, even though it generally stops short of rules violations.

By and large this is a well run site, certainly nothing like the bitter spite filled clique that the Ubiforum poster tries to portray.
    As was posted there, if this guy was banned several times, there's a good reason for it.

There are some jerks, as there are everywhere, but one just has to realize that other's opinions only hold the value that you give them yourself.

9. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

10. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

11. Ubersheist

Ubersheist

Nice voyeuristic fun,... It's like watching skateboarders on youtube take it in the 'nads (without the actual physical and potentially permanent 'nad damage).

12. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

If you notice, I participated in that thread, I was the one he responded to with Godwin's law.
    As I said there, it seemed obvious to me why he got banned here if this kind of posting was typical of his behavior, and how I find on most forums I visit, if someone gets banned, it's pretty much always because they deserved it.
    Usually I try not to respond to trolls like that, but I thought his characterization of TB was wholly unfair, and some of the members of the forum were seemingly buying into his nonsense, and I just wanted to make sure they all knew he was full of it.