1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

TB Running Out Of Thread Ideas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NekoTheWolf, Nov 4, 2013.

1. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

It seems to me that many threads that are being posted get thwarted with messages like "use the search tool" or "wasn't this covered already?", etc. Do you think it's possible that we are running out of thread ideas? If so, when do you think the last possible new thread idea could be posted? Just curious, by the way, I know this topic might've been covered before sorry if I'm bringing up an old worn out idea. :p

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

This has been discussed before. Use the search function. :p

People like to talk. I don't think we'll ever run out of stuff to talk about. [​IMG]

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. Gazman

Gazman

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what [DEL]the Universe[/DEL] Talk Bass is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Even though it's "written" in a technical sense, I think the forum is more like a conversation. New people join the conversation and they may have questions that were already talked about two years ago, but it's still fair for them to want to find out about them now. Also, a lot of the time when I do a search I find that past threads that touch on the subject actually turn out not to really answer the question that was asked now, so it's always valid to revive the discussion.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy Supporting Member

I suppose the same could said about many things in life. Politics, movies...things get rehashed. The subject matter is on a greater intellectual level but I compare it to a hamster on a wheel...

7. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

Hey, we are talking about a plank with four cables nailed onto it. Things are going to get repetitive.

You'd be well advised to use your time around here for flaming other guys opinions, not for your high falootin' philosophical psycho babble. NEWB!!!!!!

:D

8. NekoTheWolf

NekoTheWolf

Lol!!!

9. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

My plank had five cables screwed into it!

lowsound

10. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

11. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

P'shaw, mine has 6, technically making me +1 better than you.

Maths. I'm good at it.

12. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

As long as there are new products, there will be new threads speculating about the product launch, asking for reviews, asking if there is something just as good at 1/10th the price, how it compares to many other products in the same category, how it works in combination with a certain bass, amp or cab, etc.

So I don't buy into that "if we all used the search function, the forums would die" bunk.

The search function is quite useful, IMO. It's too bad more people don't make use of it, because there are a lot of great contributions in the archives that are largely ignored. When I first found TB, I searched and read quite a bit and found out much more than I previously knew about gear, technique and other topics. But so many people want to be spoonfed, and they demand "fresh opinions" on P vs. J, maple vs. rosewood and ash vs. alder.:rollno:

13. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    We need a thread about coming out of the closet.

14. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I think the problem arises when people start asking questions which are either asked every other day or in the FAQ sections.

15. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

TB must have run out of ideas about 15 years ago then...people have been reposting common stuff since about the day the message board started.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I checked the "thread idea" thread a few minutes ago. We've barely scratched the surface.

-Mike

17. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

I was gonna suggest the "clenching of the buttcheeks" thread, but turns out that's just another "cops are teh suck" thread. Guess you're right :p

18. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

I had a middle aged female friend who hid from her family in the pantry called AA for help. She has a pretty deep voice. After a long talk with a guy he asked her "Are you in the closet?" She had no idea what he was talking about and said "No I'm in the pantry."

19. preside

preside

Nice Douglas Adams quote there :)

20. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

I like yams better than potatoes.

21. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

How does one run out of new things to talk about in this day and age?