1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TBC Blowout on their eBay store.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by patrickshofner, Oct 28, 2011.

1. patrickshofner

patrickshofner Supporting Member

2. btbraden

btbraden Gold Supporting Member

Where is the pictures?
  3. patrickshofner

patrickshofner Supporting Member

good question. they're all natural and the pickguard colors are described in the item details above the body of the listing.
  4. mizzou541

mizzou541 Supporting Member

5. Smokin' Toaster

Smokin' Toaster

I know I'm going to get flamed and pointed to a forum, but are these basses any good? Can someone who owns one give a quick 3 or 4 sentence review? A quick talkbass search of "the bass company" defaulted to a search for "company", and was useless.

It sounds good, but a $300 - $400 US made bass sounds too good to be true.

Thanks.
  6. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
    +1
  7. baba

baba Supporting Member

These basses have had great reviews. I remember when they first launched. Never have played one though....yet...
  8. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

I've never owned one, so I can't give you a review, but here's a start: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/views-tbc-basses-622958/

In that thread, there's a link to a review, and another to the TBC club.

FYI, Don't forget about the "Advanced Search" option which can limit it to titles. There's also the google search, which allows for phrases in quotation marks. :)
  9. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

I'm considering this

JT 400.... JJ or SS. Tough call. Too busy at work to read reviews
  10. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Wow, I just got off the phone with Jack and man that guy is cool, he was on the board of Lightwave and a bunch of other stuff I had no idea about. Anyway this is what you guys need to know:

-He's using up his remaining parts for the basses and selling them pretty much at cost, he expects to run out of basses by the end of the year
    -He's out of lefties, maple boards, P's, and P/J's
    -He's almost out of 2-band preamps
    -The 7-day return period is still in effect

Go the website and send him an email and he'll send pics and can PayPal invoice you directly from there (be nice and save the guy $20 on Ebay fees).

I'm getting the JT400SS, just trying to decide between the blue or red guard.
  11. bretsvette

bretsvette Supporting Member

Hmm, looks like they're out of the JT styles. I always like decently thick soapbar near the neck for thumb restin'.

Now, should I bite on the AP400M? I do need a backup bass and it looks downright pretty. Only $230, I'm not even sure I can get a used bass of comparable quality for that price!
  12. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

He may have sold the JT's that were listed on Ebay but he is still making them, he expected to make 2 basses over the past weekend.
  13. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

Does anyone have any experience w. the MM ones?

Is the nut width 1.5 like a Fender Jazz or 1.75 like a G&L?
  14. hgregs

hgregs

i just bought a 5st to keep as a practice bass at my parents house for vacation time. won't get to play it til december.
  15. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Dang, when somebody gets one of the new ones in (if it's before I do), let me know how it is
  16. johnnybass01

johnnybass01 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Edorsing artist: Brubaker Guitars
    I can vouch for the quality of these bass's , Jake's history speaks for itself he was involved with peavey for a long time was the maker of the first lightwave bass's and so on . He was having these bass's made in china at one point and there were some QC issues, at this point he makes them one at a time by hand.. I picked up a bass from him last year a JT500 JJ and am still amazed at how good it is for the price I paid 500.00 at the time.Fretwork is excellent fit and finish is awesome and the weight is unreal. mine weighs in at less than 8 pounds.the bodies on these bass's are actually 6 pieces of swamp ash, book matched front & back and the center section is chambered.If you get a model with the pickgaurd , the pickgaurds are dyed and glued in to the body (quite nice )The finish on the neck is butter smooth and is one of the fastest necks I have played. At this point Jake is just ready to liquidate his current stock and move on to retirement. he is a great guy
  17. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

Yeah, I asked him about the whole Chinese QC issue and I got the story about how it ended up happening even though he didn't want to do it, but had to help somebody out...I don't think I should go into details about what companies and whatnot and I'll say for the record that this is paraphrased and holds no legal content, but I will say that this guy is serious about his work and the quality of it, the stuff with China maybe shouldn't have happened. Wow, what a long sentence.
  18. faviobarrio

faviobarrio Supporting Member

He just had four listed on the eBay store on Sunday and they're all gone now. From what I understand he will only sell the rest of his inventory through the eBay store.

I'm waiting for an MM model to be available to buy one.
  19. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

What's your source for this? He told me that he'd prefer direct sale, maybe he changed his mind(?).
  20. faviobarrio

faviobarrio Supporting Member

He's updated the home page on his website a couple of times this month directing people to the eBay store.

I've also emailed directly and called a couple of times. I didn't get an answer to my emails and he hasn't returned my calls.

I'd love to save him from the feeBay charges...maybe he just hasn't gotten to me yet. He has to be quite busy at this price point!!