TC Electronic BG250: Anything better for the Price?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JLOvinLife, Feb 3, 2014.

1. JLOvinLife

JLOvinLife

I've been looking for a new bass amp for a church I'm connected with and need a little help. I tend to be a huge amp snob i.e.. walter woods and bergantino but need a setup under $1000 for a venue of around 300 people max. They do run the bass through the system with subs to round things, but I think are trying to run most guitar amps and bass amp from the stage for the most part.

I've found the TC BG250 combo amp and think it could be a good solution but would be up for any ideas you guys could come up with too! Preferably either combo or amp+cab for around 800 or less.

Thanks!
  2. JonDark

JonDark

3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Also look into the G-K MB combos for $800 or less you can get a very capable rig. I assume you are in the USA? Makes a big difference for price and availability of brands.
  4. JLOvinLife

JLOvinLife

Yes sir! Down in South Carolina.

Register to disable this ad
  5. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

+1 to the G-K MB-II bass combo amps - they're great amps.
  6. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I recently got the genzbenz combo and while it is awesome in every way..... I can not say that it is any louder than the bg250 112 I tried out. Tone wise the GB is darker...more old school sounding. In all honesty, (so far) I actually prefer the Bg250 tone wise.....but I needed the option of a second cab which the Bg doesn't have.