1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

TC Electronic BH250 and RH750

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by yeldarb69, Apr 5, 2014.

1. yeldarb69

yeldarb69 Supporting Member

Can anyone tell me if these two heads are voiced similarly ? The reason i ask is, i just got a bh250 and really dig the sound of it.I would like something with a little more power,so i was thinking of getting the rh750.I would hate to get it and discover that they are nothing alike.

2. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Disclosures:
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    Off the top of my head, I'd say that the two EQ systems are not alike. The RH750 (and RH450) have variable midpoints that the user can set, then save these preferences in any of three presets. The BH250 (and BG250 combo) has an EQ system that changes midpoints depending on whether you are cutting or boosting. It may be possible by experimenting to come up with something similar to the BH250 on an RH750. The RH series amps are very flexible, and the RH450 and RH750 have different midpoints for the EQ knobs. About the only way to know for sure would be to do an A/B comparison between the heads driving identical speaker cabs using the same bass. Likewise, the Staccato '51, which is pretty much like the RH$50, also has a different "built in" sound based on EQ preferences from Rocco Prestia. The Staccato '51 sound much less high tech right out of the box.