tc electronic bh250 - new micro head!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jaldegren, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Jaldegren

Jaldegren

2. Musicman20

Musicman20

Like a more feature heavy MB200. Neat.
  3. Jaldegren

Jaldegren

One thing I noticed is that there is no link to the document explaining the TC power management system under the tech specs next to the power rating like on all other tc amps on the website.

Don't know if it is just because it is new or if they have actually done something different to the power section...
  4. TOG

TOG

Minimal power spec info provided for sure:

Power module rating 250w (500w instantaneous Peak @ min. Load)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Just played it for a few minutes while we were setting up for NAMM tomorrow. Ran it through the BC212. It seems pretty cool and loud. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to find out some answers over the next few days. I don't think we'll have an engineer on site, so I'm not sure how in depth I can get. It's definitely tiny. About the size of that newest SWR micro if I'm remembering that head right.
  7. seamonkey

seamonkey

This is looking good!
    Nice clean form
    Tone print
    Tuner
    Mute

Everything except the silly power rating.

Hope the price is low, and there are lots of signature tone prints, and a good editor.
  8. 4-string

4-string Supporting Member

How do you know? Not a word about APM in the specs. Could be they left it out and just put a 250w power module in there, that would probably be cheaper.

Then again, if it really is just the amp section from the BG250 I guess not.
  9. seamonkey

seamonkey

I don't, but it doesn't say "RMS" or "FTC" or "EIA"
    so I assume it's not rated honestly :)
  10. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Usually if it's '500 watts peak' then it's half that value RMS...so 250 rms is probably right. Plus it's Class D, and most companies do not list Class D like they do regular amps. They just give the RMS rating and no 'peak' rating.

I'm getting jacked about this amp. This may indeed replace my GK 1001RBII, as everywhere I play I end up barely turning up the volume plus our sound guy constantly wants to tweak all the extra knobs..boost, presence, contour...then all the EQ's....this just cuts to the chase. Simple. Hopefully effective. Tiny. I like it.
  11. farboozle

farboozle

How quickly/easily can you change the effect in the toneprint from a smart phone? If I only use one effect per song, this could be an awesome way to multieffect.

The jack in back can be used to alternate between 2 toneprints. Hmm . . . .
  12. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

I would say probably 30 seconds or so. Maybe quicker depending on how fast you got with the app. The actually beaming takes about 5 seconds.
  13. farboozle

farboozle

Hmm watched the video. Beaming info to the amp through the pickups is a pretty awesome idea. I wonder how it does with a poor signal to noise ratio, like you might get at a loud show. I guess if it was big concern, you could bring a small laptop to that show.
  14. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
  15. nick98338

nick98338

The BH250 is the same head that is in their BG250 combo. Read the threads about the BG250 combo for more info on the BG250 head. The various EQ controls are, eh.. different. The tuner works... standard tuning only. Beaming works... when the app does.
  16. Musicman20

Musicman20

I kinda hope they make a 1x12 with the same head being removable.
  17. husky123

Disclosures:
    I may have missed it but does anyone know about when this bad boy will hit the street?
  18. seamonkey

seamonkey

Rules of thumb didn't apply to TC's other amps.

There's really no use discussing it until BGM or somebody actually measures it.

Otherwise this looks like a hot little amp. With just the right minimal of knobs but high in features. I do wish there were more than 2 presets. Maybe they will come out with something to store several toneprints, but then quickly switch between them.
  19. Jaldegren

Jaldegren

20. seamonkey

seamonkey

21. husky123

Disclosures: