TC Electronic Ditto Looper loop time?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CfoScoop, Mar 26, 2014.

1. CfoScoop

CfoScoop

I'm considering getting a Ditto Looper, but I'm still confused as to how long it can loop. Like, if I were to play over top of my previous loop for say, 10 minutes, would it still loop? Sorry if this is confusing.
  2. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

I think it has 5 min of recording time but it'll keep looping as long as you have the pedal on or until your neighbors call and tell you to stop playing.
  3. OneAri

OneAri

I heard 5 minutes too. Seeing as most single loops are a matter of less than 30 seconds I'm not sure TC reasonably considered 10 minute loop time :bag:

The longest single loop in any demo I've seen comes in at just under a minute but that's a rarity
  4. CfoScoop

CfoScoop

Oh ok. I thought it meant that it only looped for 5 minutes. Thanks!
  5. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yep, it has a 5 minute record time as pointed out above with unlimited tracks, and it will keep playing back the loop until you stop it. The only downside is the side power jack is a PITA - but other than that, I love my little Ditto.
  6. CfoScoop

CfoScoop

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a PITA?
  7. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

You need to get out more :D

I'm routinely maxing out the capacity on my Ditto. It's great for capturing really long evolving soundscapes and then dumping them back into other loopers as seed material.

The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how (or whether) it allows you to continue layering on top of a loop if that loop already used up the full 5 minutes.
  8. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

"Pain In The @$$" mounting it on a petal board.
  9. Swift713

Swift713

Once again, the length of the loop is up to 5 minutes. The number of layers is up to infinity.