1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

TC Electronic Ditto Looper loop time?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CfoScoop, Mar 26, 2014.

1. CfoScoop

CfoScoop Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I'm considering getting a Ditto Looper, but I'm still confused as to how long it can loop. Like, if I were to play over top of my previous loop for say, 10 minutes, would it still loop? Sorry if this is confusing.

2. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Cambridge MA
    I think it has 5 min of recording time but it'll keep looping as long as you have the pedal on or until your neighbors call and tell you to stop playing.

3. OneAri

OneAri

Jan 1, 2013
    Brighton, UK
    I heard 5 minutes too. Seeing as most single loops are a matter of less than 30 seconds I'm not sure TC reasonably considered 10 minute loop time :bag:

The longest single loop in any demo I've seen comes in at just under a minute but that's a rarity

4. CfoScoop

Jan 2, 2014
    Cincinnati

Oh ok. I thought it meant that it only looped for 5 minutes. Thanks!

5. Yep, it has a 5 minute record time as pointed out above with unlimited tracks, and it will keep playing back the loop until you stop it. The only downside is the side power jack is a PITA - but other than that, I love my little Ditto.

6. CfoScoop

Jan 2, 2014
    Cincinnati

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a PITA?

7. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011

You need to get out more :D

I'm routinely maxing out the capacity on my Ditto. It's great for capturing really long evolving soundscapes and then dumping them back into other loopers as seed material.

The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how (or whether) it allows you to continue layering on top of a loop if that loop already used up the full 5 minutes.

8. "Pain In The @$$" mounting it on a petal board.

9. Once again, the length of the loop is up to 5 minutes. The number of layers is up to infinity.

10. Endzeit96

Endzeit96

May 6, 2013
    Northampton
    Edit: A friend of mine actually has one and after a brief discussion my questions have been answered so actually feel free to ignore whats underneath, I feel like I should leave it there rather than delete my post? I dunno what forum etiquette dictates here. if it needs to go just tell me and I'll fix it :p

[sorry in advance for the noob post but my research has hit something of a dead end so I figured its time to ask a direct question:
    I've been looking for some info on the ditto (I wanna buy one but I also want to know exactly what it can and cant do first, also this is my first looper, it seems to get positive reviews for a beginner looper on here but if you have any other suggestions please share :) )

as I understand it so far, once its all plugged in and its on bypass you play what you like and it does nothing.
    so you stomp it once and it records for a maximum of five minutes until you stomp it again.
    when you stomp it again it stops recording and immediately starts playing what you've just recorded repeatedly.
    at any point while its looping, you can stomp it again to record on top of whats already recorded (and currently playing) and it ll add that to the loop.
    so when you click off, it'll play both the things you've recorded over and over.
    you can do this as many times as you like.
    correct me if I'm wrong so far.

What I wanna know now is:
    once you've got something looping how do you stop it?
    once its stopped, does that delete the recording or can you start it again?
    if stopping the loop doesn't delete it, how do you delete a recording?]

thankyou all :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  11. Jason Tubbs

Jason Tubbs

Nov 5, 2014
    NYC, USA
    Press once to record
    Press once to stop recording
    Press once to overdub
    Press once to stop overdub
    Press and hold 1.5 seconds to undo last overdub
    Press and hold 1.5 seconds to restore last overdub
    Press twice quickly to stop loop
    Press twice quickly and hold to stop loop/delete loop

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/1633414/tc_ditto_looper_manual_english.pdf

12. Endzeit96

Endzeit96

May 6, 2013
    Northampton