Tc Electronic holiday deal (Spark Booster)?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazzkuma, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Jazzkuma

Jazzkuma Supporting Member

Hey
    Im wondering if anyone has tried the Tc electronic spark booster on bass. Tc is having a deal, if you buy two pedals you get a free spark booster, I might go for it if the spark booster is a good pedal for bass but I don't know how it could compare to the Xotic BB preamp or another pedal of that sort. No videos on youtube of it on bass and can't seem to find any other post here which talks about this pedal.
    Anyone? sounds like a great deal but if the pedal is not a good bass pedal (mainly for guitar) then it might not even be worth it.
  2. loopee

loopee Gold Supporting Member

so, did you get it?
    I just got one today and I have the BB.....I like the BB but now I have the VMT so I just want clean boost instead of the BB

I have to say that I can't make up my mind which one I prefer.....I like the BB cause somehow the od on it seems tighter than the od on the TC (yes the TC give a nice low drive too) but the BB's is tighter.....doesn't mean I don't like the TC's.....the TC is somehow brighter wether it's at clean/mids/fat....I thought the "fat" would work out but it ends up enhancing od on the lows and somehow it seems to me it should be the opposite...shouldn't it? Well, I'm not done trying it out obviously, I'll have to see what the "fat" switch does when I have the Gain CCW (cleanest) and see if it fattens the sound, which is what I'm looking for......but I won't say no to the OD that comes with it.....I'll try it out some more tomorrow, too late now to continue (downstairs neighbours would not like it....I do use headphones to practice but I want to hear the head and cabs' reaction to the pedal.....