1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

TC Electronic Polytune refuses to pick up low B in POLY mode only...what?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hamlet7768, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Apparently literally nobody else has had this problem, because I didn't find any solutions searching the fora.

Anyway, the problem is as stated. I have a TC Electronic Polytune, and it works great, except for one quirk: When working in poly mode (and ONLY poly mode), it doesn't pick up the low B on my 6er. It picks up every other string, but not the low B. I am fairly certain I'm in "Bass Mode," but the lack of an instruction manual and resulting trial and error makes it difficult to say for certain. I know I tuned it to Eb tuning, as I tune a half-step down. Do I need to tune it all the way down to Bb instead?

Note: this only happens in poly mode. It picks up the Bb fine in single mode. But it's nice not to have to check separately.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Never had a problem with mine detecting the B string (and lower) in poly mode, but I don't use a 6 string. Might be the issue perhaps.

3. Hamlet7768

I thought so too, but it's detecting the high string and not the low. I would have figured the opposite problem if it were a problem with it being six strings. I have also tried just playing the bottom four. And the bottom three. And the bottom two. And then just the one. Just the one works, but only because it turns the single mode on.

4. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

You mention not having a manual, is there not one online?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
  7. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

8. Hamlet7768