1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TC Electronic RH 450 Tuner Range

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by monster6607, Nov 12, 2012.

1. monster6607

monster6607

I feel as though I already know the answer, but I'm asking just to be sure.

The tech specs of the Rh 450 say the tuner has a range of:

A0 (27.5Hz) to E5 (659.26Hz)

Would that cover the range of a six string bass? And if I wanted to try drop A tuning?
  2. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

i think you will be fine...I know that on my RH450 I had used a fiver on a gig where the guitar player dropped down a half step so that put my B at B flat...and it tuned it up without any trouble...so I am guessing it would sneak down another half step to A...not positive...but it shouldn't be an issue...the tuner on the RH450 is suprisingly accurate to for a "built-in" feature set...hope that helps!
  3. monster6607

monster6607

Thanks qwench, are you pretty satisfied with the Rh450? Doing research before I commit to buying.
  4. arai

arai

I was curious so I just tuned mine down to A. the tuner worked that low no trouble. And my guitarist has used it a few times to tune up, so it will cover the high strings of a 6 string bass
  5. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

I love the RH450...the feature set is amazing...I ACTUALLY have mine for sale now along with the TC gig bag and the footswitch for a ridiculous price...I really love it...I WAS keying on a RH750...but a deal came up on a lil' Aguilar head...so, mine is for sale now...the BIGGEST reason for selling is that the place I gig at more often than not, has a great house rig and I simply (for ergonomic issues) wanted the lightest weight option I could do for rehearsals and smaller gigs...when the finances are back in order I will pick up a RH750
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

That's Canuk for "lazy bum". :D
  7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

OP, there has been much controversy over this amp. Some love it and some hate it. Some who loved the amp at first, grew to dislike the compression built into the Power Management System. May I suggest you do a search on the unit and read everything that comes up.

If you can, I suggest you try the amp out with your equipment and see how it works for you personally.
  8. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

yes...lazy bum equates to ergonomic issues...lazy Canucks ehh!!!!

I am getting spoiled with gigs that have SVT house rigs...so I am getting even lazier!!!
  9. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Disclosures:
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Yes, the RH450 will detect a low A with no issue. I've had no problems, it may go lower than that.......