1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TC electronics BH 500 owners

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jarrydee, Apr 20, 2012.

1. jarrydee

jarrydee

I thought it would be fun to know what some of you that use the BH 500 head have stored in your presets. What are your 3 favorite setting? I know there probably are not many hear that even have this head, but that's what makes this even more fun! As for me, i have not had mine long enough to settle on a setting, I am constantly changing them, I guess I have not found the right sound yet! Also if you dont mind, List what cab you use with your Bh 500, I am using the BC 410 cab
  2. jarrydee

jarrydee

wow, looks like I underestimated the number of people with this head....lol
  3. DuShauh

DuShauh Supporting Member

There's at least a few of us out here that dared to go "Red." I really like the BH500, all the way around. I pair mine with Hartke HyDrive 112's (2). I have presets but all of them are a slight variation of my go-to settings: Gain=4, Spectracomp=2, Bass= -1 LowMid= -1, HighMid=2, Treble=3, TweeterTone=3, TubeTone=4.

For me, it gives me just enough grind, yet a clear enough tone to dispute the claims of the TC Haters who claim that all tc amps are "totally compression and incapable of a clean or HiFi sound." :)
  4. jarrydee

jarrydee

Thanks, I was beginning to think there were none of you around. I have not had a hard time getting clean tone out of mine, it is a little bassy but I think it is because I have it jammed in the corner, if you stand in the right spot the highs can tear your ears apart, I have had to turn the tweeter tone off at times because I was getting tons of highs
  5. et1123

et1123

Well, I just bought this head so I haven't played it yet. I think it will be a huge upgrade over the Fender Bassman 250 I just bought. It was only $50 more so why not go bigger while I can still return the other one. I like the Bassman 250 head but this one just looks like a big upgrade on it and I shouldn't need any more power ever, well for a few years anyways.