TC electronics BH 500 owners

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jarrydee, Apr 20, 2012.

1. jarrydee

jarrydee

I thought it would be fun to know what some of you that use the BH 500 head have stored in your presets. What are your 3 favorite setting? I know there probably are not many hear that even have this head, but that's what makes this even more fun! As for me, i have not had mine long enough to settle on a setting, I am constantly changing them, I guess I have not found the right sound yet! Also if you dont mind, List what cab you use with your Bh 500, I am using the BC 410 cab

2. jarrydee

jarrydee

wow, looks like I underestimated the number of people with this head....lol

3. DuShauh

DuShauh Supporting Member

There's at least a few of us out here that dared to go "Red." I really like the BH500, all the way around. I pair mine with Hartke HyDrive 112's (2). I have presets but all of them are a slight variation of my go-to settings: Gain=4, Spectracomp=2, Bass= -1 LowMid= -1, HighMid=2, Treble=3, TweeterTone=3, TubeTone=4.

For me, it gives me just enough grind, yet a clear enough tone to dispute the claims of the TC Haters who claim that all tc amps are "totally compression and incapable of a clean or HiFi sound." :)

4. jarrydee

jarrydee

Thanks, I was beginning to think there were none of you around. I have not had a hard time getting clean tone out of mine, it is a little bassy but I think it is because I have it jammed in the corner, if you stand in the right spot the highs can tear your ears apart, I have had to turn the tweeter tone off at times because I was getting tons of highs

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. et1123

et1123

Well, I just bought this head so I haven't played it yet. I think it will be a huge upgrade over the Fender Bassman 250 I just bought. It was only $50 more so why not go bigger while I can still return the other one. I like the Bassman 250 head but this one just looks like a big upgrade on it and I shouldn't need any more power ever, well for a few years anyways.