1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TC Electronics RH 450 Question Help

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BigMarc, Feb 8, 2014.

1. BigMarc

BigMarc

Hello! I just got an RH450 amp head, which I have running through a GK 212 neo cab.... sounds GREAT, with lot of thunder! The question I have is.... on the LINE IN, I cannot get the sound to come through the cab, only the headphones. with my other amps, I am able to ply the music from my computer or iphone through the speakers to play along with. How can I get the music to practice with through the cab speakers?????

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Rock on!:bassist:
  2. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

You're probably using the front 1/4" jack right? That's not a line in. From what I can see, that head doesn't have a Line In.
    That jack on the front is for earphones. And whenever you have anything plugged into that jack, you won't get sound. The amp will try to feed signal into whatever you've plugged in. On the back of the head are two jacks, one red and one white, marked AUX IN. This is where you would plug in music you want to play through it. Keep in mind you might need a special cable to do so.

Note: I don't actually own an RH450, I'm just going by the images I see on TC's website. I hope I understood what you meant!
  3. Packinton

Packinton

It is written on the front panel of mine: 'speaker muting headphones'
    And the manual. which you can download from tc-electronics, states that signal coming into the aux input on the rear panel, is played back in the headphones.

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/218239/rh450-us-10-01-12.pdf

Looks like you can't have both.

Anyway it's a lovely amp and I love mine too.

All the best. :)
  4. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

I think you're saying that you are feeding music in through the "AUX IN" on the rear of the amp. Unfortunately, that bypasses the main amplifier section and goes through a separate headphone amp. 'Can't run music program and an instrument in at the same time. It's the only actual gripe I have with the amp. Otherwise, really liking mine so far!

[EDIT] Dooooh! Yes, you can run an instrument and music program in at the same time, just can't run anything out other than headphones while using the AUX IN.]
  5. Packinton

Packinton

You can play your bass along with the music coming in through the aux input. I quess the music wouldn't sound very natural in the bass cabs, so in the headphones you have evrything.
    Have you tried to take the signal out from the line out and then into another amp, f.ex. some kind of active monitor?
  6. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender Supporting Member

Philonius is correct. The aux input does not go to the speaker output.
  7. BigMarc

BigMarc

THANKS for all the replies.... I will just use a different amp. Upon reading the manual, it you are right, it will send the music through the headphones, but not the main cab or speakers.

Anyway.... it is an AWESOME amp. I am sure I will enjoy it for many years.

Thanks again! R O C K O N !!!!!!!!!!
  8. badboyb

badboyb

could you plug a speaker cab into the headphone jack, so instead of sending to headphones, the sound is just coming out of a speaker?
  9. JHOODII

JHOODII

No. Headphones only. Tc bg250 plays music through the speaker.