TC Electronics RS210 vs. Bergantino HS/HD210 ?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Modern Growl, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

Hey all - I'm interested in getting a 210 and kinda stuck between Berg & TC Electronics.

Anyone familiar with both that can shed some light on the basic tone differenes?
  2. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

If you can afford the Berg, get it. Make sure you try them both though....

I A/Bed both and bought the TC..... ONLY because of price.

The Berg sounded a bit better.... Better punch and clarity IMO.

I still like the TC cabs (2-3 years later) and have no regrets as the Berg cab was almost 2x the $$$.
  3. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized fEARful/FEARLESS/greenboy designs builder
    No contest to me...If those are your only two choices...berg, hands down
  4. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

I love my TC RS210. Gigged it Saturday night without my 212 in a medium sized room with no PA support between 2 Marshalls and it sounded great. Thick full and punchy and cut like a knife. I have no experience IRL with a Berg but you cant go wrong with the TC.
  5. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

The show was recorded btw so Im not imagining things. LOL
  6. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

I love Bergantino - but I would love to hear a bit more then "Berg hands down".

No offense - but that comes off as fanboy type of stuff, ya know?

If one is experienced with both, I would love to hear tonal descriptions. Pro's/Con's of each... that would be much more usefull then the standard responses.

I'm a Berg lover too - but more objective responses would be more appreciated.
  7. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    Not a fanboy by any stretch, I've just played thru both cabs, and to me the Berg is better in every way...deeper, thicker, louder. Take that with a grain of salt...I think the TC cabs...well, not for me :) I play fEARful and sometimes AudioKinesis cabs, so I'm not a berg fanboy...again, if those are your only tow choices, the Berg kills the TC in every way...just saying!
  8. MG Bass

MG Bass

The TC210 compared to the Berg HS210/HD210 is darker, muddier at higher volume and not as balanced. Also very awkward size-wise.
    The Berg is fuller, more detailed sound, punchier, well defined and stays consistent at higher volume. Seems more robust overall in construction and power handling.
  9. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    This :)
  10. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

now this help :)
    I didn't mean any offense... its just that "bergs hands down" really tells me nothing, ya know?
  11. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

Thanks for the insight!
  12. Musicman20

Musicman20

I have used the RS210 for quite some time, and I love the mid punch and the smooth high end that never sounds like a cheap plasticky high end. In fact, I prefer the RS210 coaxial tweet over the Berg HS410 tweet.

The RS cabs are light, superb value, look great, are well made and have great QC.

The Bergs are brilliant, but I'm guessing the HS/HD cabs are heavier and bulkier, plus around twice the price in the UK.
  13. dukeorock

Disclosures:
    Totally! I'm touring Europe at the moment...haven't had a single day off in over a month, so sometimes my responses can be a little brief...sorry! I do think sometimes the conversations get a little too market hype driven, or too science-y, so I just cut to the chase then later realize I haven't helped my omitting details :) At the risk of being too forward, I just think some products are pure marketing hype and some are the real deal...but with so many opinions it's hard to get to the meat of the matter. My short answer is, to me, some products are the real deal and some just ain't, hence the Berg recommendation, assuming you've settled on those two as your final options.
  14. lloydage

lloydage

How was this loud enough? I really struggled the other night to be heard above our very loud guitarist using his Fender Blues Junior Red October Amp and our drummer.

I was using a Big Al and it was on Active mode too. The gain was as high as poss without red light constantly flashing and the master volume was all the way up yet they still drowned me out
  15. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

The difference will be down to cab placement, a percussionist drummer, and guitar volume knobs in check.