1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

TC Flashback as chorus pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fatguy, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Yesterday I've found a Toneprint which turns a TC Flashback pedal into TriChorus - has anybody tried it yet? Is it usefull for bass? Is it comparable to any other bass chorus pedal?

2. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    I've tried it and it's very good. Very similar (unsurprisingly) to the TC Corona Chorus in Tri Chorus mode. There was, though, a substantial volume boost when switching iron which, I found, made it unusable.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    yes, Even just the MOD setting. I've been telling everyone that ai've finally found the chorus sound I've been chasing

5. the only toneprint worth having imo

6. sidez81

sidez81

Mar 16, 2011
    QLD, Australia
    May I ask which toneprint this is??..... I just got mine in the mail yesterday and really wanna try a few out.

Cheers yo.

7. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

Aug 9, 2011
    I just use the "MOD" setting and these setting.

[​IMG]

8. sidez81

sidez81

Mar 16, 2011
    QLD, Australia
    SWEET! Cheers, I will try this now Ive stopped experimenting with the true bypass/buffered bypass switch haha.... I ran the firmware update and got the Android app and I did also find the TriChorus toneprint by god it ALMOST eliminates my need to by the Corona chorus (I think I still will) Just have to get used to that god aweful switch the pedal has its so tiny and feels weird compaired to my MXR or Sansamp gear.

9. Lemon Of Troy

Lemon Of Troy Banned

Nov 6, 2012
    Palmetto State
    Love my TC Pedals!

Worst footswitch ever, though. My God what were they thinking?

10. chumbo73

chumbo73

Nov 8, 2012
    Bringing the topic back to life.

I'm so happy with my new Flashback! Can't beleive how amazing this pedal is. If you want a chorus, using the MOD type and working with the other settings you can get a good sound out of it. Another cool option is getting the Tri-chorus toneprint or creating one of your own, with more modulation.

I'm not so happy with the footswitch, I really have to get used to it.

11. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    Flashback bump!

I found some clips of this bonus feature and it sounds good on guitar to me. Found nothing on bass though.

Is anyone still using the TC flashback as chorus on bass?
    How does it compare to other chorus pedals you have/had?

12. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    Hi, let's try again :)

Any other experience on the subject?

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Yep, works great! As good as any other chorus I've tried. Toneprints are awesome!

JohnPativens likes this.
  14. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    Great! Can you hipass filter the modulation with their toneprint editor?
    Sonically what kind of chorus is it like? (brand, digital, analog etc..)

15. mmbongo

Never used the editor on the chorus (I've used it on other TC pedals though..love it!) so I don't know the specific answer to that. I know the Toneprints for their flangers do something like that though.

16. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    No, I meant the editor with the Flashback delay to edit the modulation on it :)

17. mmbongo

Yeah I've never used it on the Flashback, only on the Vortex.

18. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    Oh, I see. The flashback delay would be a very versatile pedal on a pedaltrain mini then. I think I'm gonna get one for that purpose and use it mainly set as chorus..

19. I just picked one up. It's really awesome. I LOVE that you can tap tempo with a few plucks of a string, and that you can hit a switch on the inside and kill the dry signal entirely. Makes it super awesome for reverse bass 0.o

20. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    Did you try the chorus trick?

21. Yeah I have actually. I probably should have mentioned that too, haha. Late night... It's definitely a neat little package. I didn't realize when I got it that it had the ability to do chorus and vibe and stuff. After I saw this post I went and checked all the non-delay effects that you can make it do. I'm definitely glad I got one. I haven't used much of any chorus pedal really, so I couldn't really compare it to anything but for the money, the TC is definitely a hell of a buy.

JohnPativens likes this.