Team Audio Fuzz Machine TAFM Buffer Dip Switches

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dannybuoy, Mar 27, 2014.

1. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

I just discovered that the newer TAFM's have a switchable buffer inside:

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=178&t=30941

So to anyone out there who has one of the newer layout with the pedal arranged vertically, open it up to check the DIP switches inside - they are shipped with the buffer turned ON:

Mine does not have this feature, and I much prefer the sound of it on bass with a passive bass plugged straight in. For starters, it makes the clean channel very dark, which means the clean/dirty sounds blend together seamlessly.

Hopefully this nugget of info helps some people get better tones out of theirs! :bassist:

2. aBoMoFo

aBoMoFo Supporting Member

I know what I'm playing with when I get home from work! Thanks for the tip!

3. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

I messed with the buffer on mine when I had it and always came back to buffer on. The unbuffered version seemed to get lost a bit in the mix for my band.

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

The general consensus after reading many threads over at ILF is the buffer is more aimed at guitarists who want a brighter sound, with most bassists preferring the darker sound of the buffer off.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aBoMoFo

aBoMoFo Supporting Member

I just went to unbuffered and like the change. The clean blend is much darker which leaves a lot more space for the fuzziness to shine. At low gain it does subtile a little less well, but at higher gain levels it's abit more of a beast.

Granted this is just playing by myself. All things might change in a band context.