1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Tech 21 Double Drive 3x

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by isher1992, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Couldn't find much around on these...

I like the drive on my Para Driver, but even turning down the volume on my bass, it doesn't clean up well. I was looking for something that would have a similar overdriven sound, and was wondering if this was the ticket.

I tried the search function, but couldn't find much about people's opinions of this on a bass. Does it work pretty well? Or is there a lot of low-end loss?

2. Try looking in the Effects forum...where this thread belongs.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The Double Drive 3x is a guitar overdrive pedal designed for "high gain" (metal) sounds. It probably won't sound good on bass...

I'd try a regular SansAmp Bass DI and try using the BLEND and DRIVE controls to see if you can get the right mix of distorted and clean tones.

5. I use a Bass Driver as well. I have a Bass Driver DI set-up mostly clean, then use the Para Driver for the dirty/distorted part, then mix them both with a Boss LS-2.

I bought one anyway to try, if I don't like it, I may pawn it off to a bandmate...