1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tech 21 Double Drive 3x

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by isher1992, Feb 4, 2014.

1. isher1992

isher1992

Couldn't find much around on these...

I like the drive on my Para Driver, but even turning down the volume on my bass, it doesn't clean up well. I was looking for something that would have a similar overdriven sound, and was wondering if this was the ticket.

I tried the search function, but couldn't find much about people's opinions of this on a bass. Does it work pretty well? Or is there a lot of low-end loss?

2. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

Try looking in the Effects forum...where this thread belongs.

3. Crater

Crater

The Double Drive 3x is a guitar overdrive pedal designed for "high gain" (metal) sounds. It probably won't sound good on bass...

I'd try a regular SansAmp Bass DI and try using the BLEND and DRIVE controls to see if you can get the right mix of distorted and clean tones.

4. isher1992

isher1992

I use a Bass Driver as well. I have a Bass Driver DI set-up mostly clean, then use the Para Driver for the dirty/distorted part, then mix them both with a Boss LS-2.

I bought one anyway to try, if I don't like it, I may pawn it off to a bandmate...

5. Register to disable this ad