1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tech 21 Leeds - bass demo video

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hachi kid, Dec 18, 2012.

1. hachi kid

hachi kid

hey guys. I finally got around to making a Tech 21 Leeds demo video. I figured I'd throw it up on here. I would have loved to have had this before I pulled the gun on this pedal, as I don't like to buy before I try, but I was glad my gamble paid off! this thing has become a staple in my sound!

2. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv Supporting Member

I wish I had more than two arms too

3. hachi kid

hachi kid

yea, growing up in Hiroshima comes in handy sometimes

4. hachi kid

hachi kid

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

You nailed the Real Me. You don't use your 1st finger on your right hand much or is that an optical illusion? I play with 3 fingers, but you seemed to have worked the pinky in there... I guess I need to practice.

7. hachi kid

hachi kid

I think it might be an optical thing. I definitely use the first three. I *can* use all four, but now it's mainly for tremolo picking. When I first went past two, I actually learned four at first to do everything when I thought Sheehan used four...I learned three when I actually heard he used three, and now I just alternate.

8. BassPlayer900

BassPlayer900

WHOA. That pedal is going on my GAS list!

9. punisher911

punisher911

Seems a great variety in tonal options with that.. nice:hyper::bassist:

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    I was buying the Substitute sound for sure.

11. son_of_mogh

son_of_mogh

I actually did a search on YouTube and found your video but I must have missed this thread - great job!! I love the LaL tones and was hoping this would give me my Entwistle/Wetton w/KC fix!

12. hachi kid

hachi kid

Neat! Glad to see it's still helping. I came across a video in this manner demo'ing a video, and I thought it was a good style. I dig the pedal, for sure.

13. FaithNoMan

FaithNoMan

I enjoyed this pedal when I had it. It nailed the Entwistle thing. I found the Oxford and especially the Liverpool more to my liking, but they all sound great on bass and bring something to the table to make a nice variety.

Too many people are afraid these pedals don't work good on bass. With the exception of needing to mod the British Character pedal, they all work excellent on bass.