1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tech 21 VT Bass Deluxe Switch Problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eight0eight, Feb 16, 2014.

1. eight0eight

eight0eight

So I've been having intermittent switching issues with my bass deluxe for a few months. I've been ignoring it as I'm not gigging and it's mostly just gets used for practice. Unfortunately it keeps getting worse and at this point the switch for preset 1 works only a small fraction of the times it's pushed. I hear the audible click of the switch physically engaging but no change to the unit settings. This happens occasionally on the other switches but pretty rarely. The unit has not been abused and has no corrosion that I can see. I've opened the unit to look for problems but all the solder joints look good and the throw of the switch looks fine.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks

2. eight0eight

eight0eight

Awesome, some electronic cleaner applied to the switches inside seems to have fixed the issue! Odd considering the age of the device and the lack of any dust or corrosion inside. Still nice to have it fixed.
    Also, in case you wondered this unit does make a decent DI for an acoustic electric guitar in a pinch. I just kept it in bypass mode and set one of the presets to zero volume so she could use it as a tuning mute as well. I've found so many uses for this unit!

3. alec

alec

Mine had the same problem and spraying some deoxit in there worked eventually.