Tech 21 VT Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by StrangerDanger, Aug 28, 2010.

1. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

Got this little box o joy on Thursday, got home and WOW! I really loved it but didnt know how it would go over with the band. Went to rehearsal last night and after the warm up, I was told immediately to never turn it off. By the end of the night Id say it was a reall success. Best piece of kit Ive ever bought. Very impressed. I like the SVT setting with a little high rolled off best.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    pedal of the future. truly a modern miracle in tube amp emulation.
  3. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

Its "just right". It matches the sound I have had in my head. Its sounds like a bass should in a rock n roll band. Did I mention that I really like this thing?
  4. Bish42

Bish42

How much are Tech 21 paying you guys? ;)
  5. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight

Tech21 will always have a free endorser here with me. Their products really are great.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    don't worry...later i'll trash a company whose products i don't like and it'll even itself out.
  7. spaz21387

spaz21387

I love tech 21 as well. I have tried alot of bass pedals and tech 21 pedals are the only ones that will stay around.
  8. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I'll join Jimmy's excursion into hyperbole by saying this is indeed the pedal of the future. I will not play without it at this point. It makes any rig sound better, and gives me the confidence to ensure that 'my sound' now gets to the house and to the room, even if it's not MY backline that is being used. Worth every penny. That's why I own two.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    right on, bryan. i've got two now, too, although the second is a vt deluxe. i also have a very cool modded british pedal that i haven't been using lately but i'm thinking about adding it back in just to give a different marshally sound.
  10. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude Supporting Member

VT bass ='s Magic....... The VT is one cool tool. Before I got a VT I was using the "Classic Rock" (SVT Emulator) setting on my Bass POD to get close to that tone. The VT blows it away, and unlike the POD it is actually very simple to dial in and use.
  11. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

+1 for the VT Bass (I actually have the VT Bass Deluxe....same sound as the regular VT Bass only it's programmable). I like the Fat Tube and SVT settings.

I only use two pedals in my rig: a Markbass Compressore and the VT Bass Deluxe. They both just sit on top of my amp. I always play with both on so I have no need to have the pedals on the floor in front of me for foot switching.

The sound is excellent.

Kudos to Tech 21 for giving us a very useful pedal.
  12. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses Artist
    The fact that it is a true all-analog pedal makes all the difference in the world. Kinda like using true Moog analog delays/reverbs, etc. versus digital. It just sounds better.
  13. JSK5String

JSK5String

I'm on the band wagon. I like mine so much that I sold my GK and went to a rig with only a power amp and pedals, with my VT Deluxe being the brains and braun of the whole thing.

Jimmy's got it all wrong. It's the pedal of RIGHT NOW!!! Oh alright, and the future too...
  14. billoetjen

billoetjen

Not an effects guy at all. In fact, I HATE the idea of effects.
    But..... I use a BBE opto stomp compressor into my VT Bass for live.

For recording I sometimes route that into my GrooveTube Ditto box, which has vintage preamp tubes.
  15. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Relax... Nothing Is Under Control. Supporting Member

Another big VT Bass fan here.

Quick question:

How many hours would it last on a duracell/engergizer battery?
  16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    believe it or not, tech 21 says an alkaline battery will last 100 hours. i've never used one long enough to find out, but i have used one for a 4 or 5 hour gig, pulled it out and stuck it in my wireless (which eats batteries pretty well), and it lasted pretty much as long as a new battery. it's got very low power consumption.
  17. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Relax... Nothing Is Under Control. Supporting Member

Thanks Jimmy. I'll probably use it with a battery most of the time now.
  18. acubass

acubass

In lieu of making another thread.... I need a little more volume/headroom out of my Ampeg V4BH and SVT 410HE. Could i place the VT or a sansamp in front of my head to push more volume? Would it be silly to throw a tube simulator in front of a tube head. The reason I ask is b/c I've see guitar players throw a tube screamer into small watt tube amps to get more much perceived volume when needed.

Thanks Much
  19. iridiumrocks

iridiumrocks

I have an AC adapter and never run mine on a battery. Murphy's Law says the battery will die at the worst possible time. I learned that lesson the hard way with my active Warwick bass...:help:
  20. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    while i always use my vt's with ampeg tube amps and love it (but with them i only use it for distorted sounds), once you reach the point of distortion in your v4bh, it doesn't matter whether it comes from turning the knobs or boosting your signal with a vt...it's still going to distort once you reach the 100w equivalent.