1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tech21 VT Bass DC2 Power Adapter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bgavin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

My new v2 model just arrived.

Q: does anybody own a DC2 power adapter?
    I'd like to know the output voltage, and if Center Hot or Center Ground.

It would be nice to use a single 9v supply to power my Boss TU2 and the VT Bass pedals.
  2. Flux Jetson

Flux Jetson

Well, just going by the picture of the DC2 on Musicians Friend it appears it is a center negative 9vdc wall wart. It should work fine as long as the connector is the same as a Boss (which it looks like it is).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/tech-21-dc2-power-supply

I mean, all I did was look up the Musicians Friend page on the DC2 and looked at the picture of it.
  3. Flux Jetson

Flux Jetson

I just remembered that I have a DC2 left over from when I had a Bass Driver DI. The connector fits in my own Boss TU2 tuner perfectly and powered it right up.
  4. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I need to acquire either a DC2 or similar supply for the new VT Bass and TU2 tuner.
  5. Flux Jetson

Flux Jetson

Well, I'd say any of the Boss-compatible psu (power supply units) will work. Either the Tech 21 DC2, or the latest Boss gadget, or most likely any other one that will work with Boss-type pedals will work.