1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

technic

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by richinravitza, Mar 25, 2012.

1. richinravitza

richinravitza

Could you do me a favor?? I´m looking for some tips to improve mi right hand technic when it comes about slapping. I wanna learn the way that Alain Caron does it but for me is a little difficult to understand it right now so could you explain to me the way he slaps in song like D-code or Slam the clown? I´d really appreciate if you could upload a video to me.
    I really enjoy your music, distraction is my favorite song. Keep it up!!!
  2. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi richinravitza!

thanks so much for listening! i'm glad you like 'distraction'. that is actually one of my favorite songs to perform live.

unfortunately i'm not familiar enough with alain caron's playing to demonstrate his slap style. also, i've never heard either of those 2 songs. sorry i can't be more help on this one, but maybe there is someone else here that might post some feedback regarding those tunes...?
  3. evilfly

evilfly

Why don't you ask Alain directly ? ;) Either on facebook or myspace, he is registered on both.
    Also you can check this:
    Private Jack - Alain Caron & Paul Brochu (Play Promo) - French - YouTube
    it is in french, but seems comprehensibly enough. Starting from min 7 Alain explains his double thumb slap technique.